Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 08:50:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI Dash defrost/driver heat vent  (Read 490 times)
Pixelhead

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »

Does anyone have an MCI that features a driver's side window heat vent that can flip into two positions: 1) defrosting the side window, 2) heating the driver. It is just a long horizontal, possibly L-shaped piece of metal that has a pivot point on each end so it can be flipped to one side or the other.

If so, any chance you can take a picture of it and measure its length?

I have a Flxible bus that I'm restoring/converting and was thinking that might be a nice feature to implement on my bus. I think I have the perfect space for it, but wanted to learn from the existing design instead of attempting to reinvent the wheel. Also, if you have one, do you like its functionality? FYI: I know this feature exists since I've seen it on older MCI buses... maybe from the 1960's or 70's.

Thanks!

-Ben

For updates on my project, follow the Creative Cruiser on Facebook.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »

Ben

My bus still has one.  I will try to get by there tomorrow and get a pic.  Well that is if the "monster" storm doesn't get us  lol

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:31:27 AM »

Frank  I think that is the part that Dal and I sold.

good morning  ope you get the snow and it stays north of us.

ned sanders

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: