Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 11:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clifford I need good information on a 8V92 pulley  (Read 1097 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »

When Penske/Jasper did my rebuild they told me not to use the old pulley they couldn't guarantee that it was good to use.  I found a new/old still in the box pulley that the numbers match for my application (or I think so anyway) I just need your input.   Thanks    Pat

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »

What pulley are talking about Pat a auxiliary drive ,the ones in front of the harmonic balance or camshaft pulley ? great to see you posting

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »

Like Clifford just mentioned.   It's nice to see you posting.    Your blog is bookmarked in all of my computers.   If you have a chance keep us up to date..   Heck of a project that you have.   We wish you the Best and moral support.
muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

Ok, lets do this like this.  When Penske/Jasper did my rebuild they told me not to use the existing pulley I supplied with the engine.  I found a pulley/dampner on Ebay that according to the supplied numbers is for a 92 series DD.  I noticed the dampner was missing from the ad.  So I emailed the seller and he said that was an accident caused by one of his employee's and apologized for the error. 

My question is what should I look at when deciding whether a pulley is usable or not?  Penske/Jasper said the supplied pulley was pitted and not considered reliable.  Which is fine with me.  I'll just find a new one.  Which it seems is the one I've located on ebay.   I just wanted some input one the pro's or con's of pulley science.

I've posted the ebay page:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/290771750277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

As always input good or bad is appreciated, its my job to filter the information.  LOL

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »

Pat,that pulley looks like a 6v92 pulley notice the sealing area I don't know that would work on a 8v92 with a harmonic balance all I have here bolt to the hub of the harmonic balance is the harmonic balance on your engine

Look at it you will see it has 8 bolts holes and 2 dowels on a hub with a center bolts with cones behind it to tighten and align the harmonic balance you think the pulley is costly price the harmonic balance for a 8v92 from DD I don't see any way to attach the harmonic balance to that pulley

I guess Jasper replaced the harmonic balance they should have you never use a old one on s fresh rebuild on a 8v92

I checked my books that type pulley for a 8v92 does have the 10 bolts not 5 shown on the one you are looking at on Ebay
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:58:09 AM by luvrbus » Logged

muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:29 AM »

Thanks Clifford, yes the dampner is new from Jasper and I see the differences.  Is there somewhere I can send this pulley to have to have it checked out/repaired or balanced?

I appreciate the input its tough beating experience.  That pulley is the last major object on the engine.  There are plently of sensors to install, the air throttle is looking good, I had to replace the tubing that I installed correctly (wrong size). I'm plugging away.   I laid the tile in the Kitchen/bathroom area's, I still have the shower to do.  It's nice having energy again......and I thought I was just losing interest.   

Thanks Clifford.

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:15:23 AM »

Pat,you can have it spray welded and machine down or use a reddi seal and sleeve(shaft repair sleeve) if you pm me a photo of the old one I will check my stash and see if I have one

keep on going my friend

good luck
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:55:49 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: