Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clifford I need good information on a 8V92 pulley  (Read 1007 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2013, 12:48:54 PM »

When Penske/Jasper did my rebuild they told me not to use the old pulley they couldn't guarantee that it was good to use.  I found a new/old still in the box pulley that the numbers match for my application (or I think so anyway) I just need your input.   Thanks    Pat

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »

What pulley are talking about Pat a auxiliary drive ,the ones in front of the harmonic balance or camshaft pulley ? great to see you posting

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »

Like Clifford just mentioned.   It's nice to see you posting.    Your blog is bookmarked in all of my computers.   If you have a chance keep us up to date..   Heck of a project that you have.   We wish you the Best and moral support.
muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »

Ok, lets do this like this.  When Penske/Jasper did my rebuild they told me not to use the existing pulley I supplied with the engine.  I found a pulley/dampner on Ebay that according to the supplied numbers is for a 92 series DD.  I noticed the dampner was missing from the ad.  So I emailed the seller and he said that was an accident caused by one of his employee's and apologized for the error. 

My question is what should I look at when deciding whether a pulley is usable or not?  Penske/Jasper said the supplied pulley was pitted and not considered reliable.  Which is fine with me.  I'll just find a new one.  Which it seems is the one I've located on ebay.   I just wanted some input one the pro's or con's of pulley science.

I've posted the ebay page:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/290771750277?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

As always input good or bad is appreciated, its my job to filter the information.  LOL

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »

Pat,that pulley looks like a 6v92 pulley notice the sealing area I don't know that would work on a 8v92 with a harmonic balance all I have here bolt to the hub of the harmonic balance is the harmonic balance on your engine

Look at it you will see it has 8 bolts holes and 2 dowels on a hub with a center bolts with cones behind it to tighten and align the harmonic balance you think the pulley is costly price the harmonic balance for a 8v92 from DD I don't see any way to attach the harmonic balance to that pulley

I guess Jasper replaced the harmonic balance they should have you never use a old one on s fresh rebuild on a 8v92

I checked my books that type pulley for a 8v92 does have the 10 bolts not 5 shown on the one you are looking at on Ebay
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:58:09 AM by luvrbus » Logged

muddog16

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:29 AM »

Thanks Clifford, yes the dampner is new from Jasper and I see the differences.  Is there somewhere I can send this pulley to have to have it checked out/repaired or balanced?

I appreciate the input its tough beating experience.  That pulley is the last major object on the engine.  There are plently of sensors to install, the air throttle is looking good, I had to replace the tubing that I installed correctly (wrong size). I'm plugging away.   I laid the tile in the Kitchen/bathroom area's, I still have the shower to do.  It's nice having energy again......and I thought I was just losing interest.   

Thanks Clifford.

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 06:15:23 AM »

Pat,you can have it spray welded and machine down or use a reddi seal and sleeve(shaft repair sleeve) if you pm me a photo of the old one I will check my stash and see if I have one

keep on going my friend

good luck
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:55:49 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: