Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 12:48:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes Walmart's oil?  (Read 1920 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:23:54 PM »

HB, i think the 10% diesel in the fuel was from his old motor, which is why he now has a new motor.  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »

I think that the definitive answer to the question is that Walmart's oil is made by the low bidder.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »

Yeah...kinda goes without saying.  Also the fact it would appear that lots of Bus Conversion people appear to be using less expensive WW oil with no issues...I should have added...."soos far".  The gist I got from the excellent post was that lots of times one gets what one pays for and that sometimes it may be better to buy that regular brand name.   HB of CJ (old coot) Smiley  (what Jet A is in your airliner?)

Is your speeel ckek acting up?  It is saying lots of mixspeeled words are OK and that lots of OK words are...mixspeeeled?  Smiley  (I know really it is because I am left handed) Smiley
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:17 PM »

Base stocks are pretty much the same with all oil packaging operations, the real question is who is making the additive package and keeping the very best for their own brand.
Find out who has the contracts for factory fills and you will have your answer...Chevron and Mobil come to mind....who has the biggest research facility....
Darrelldvm

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »

I've used Wal Mart transmission fluid in my V730 for years.
Darrell
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: