Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 10:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda CR-V as toad  (Read 804 times)
Mike in GA

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »

We have had great success towing our '04 Honda CR-V, automatic trans, four wheels down. It is starting to show some age and we are thinking of trading for a newer model, maybe 2010 or 2011.
Two questions:
-Are the later model CR-Vs still towable four wheels down?
-Will the base plates for my Roadmaster/Stowmaster 'All Terrain' towbar still fit onto the newer models?
Thanks as usual!
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

According to my 2013 and 2009 Family Motor Coach Association issues of towed vehicles all four down the Honda CRV models 4 wheel drive can be towed with max speed of 65 mph. A note states that for every 8 hours of towing a special procedure is required to prevent transmission damage. It says see owners manual for info. As for the base plate I doubt it because the newer models are a different body style from the older style. It would be best to call RoadMaster direct.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »

Have towed the Element (same running gear as the CR V), Now tow the 2011 CRV  USing the Blue Ox setup, never a problem with either, I just o the procedure at hook up time and go, speed limit, I pay no attention to he 65 or what ever.
So far only towed the CRV about 10 k miles, but the Element about 30 k.
Sure would not hurt to stop every so often and run thru the gear procedure, I never have.
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

Unless you saved all the hardware and body parts removed to install the baseplate, removing it will be a project.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:02 AM »

"I pay no attention to the 65 or what ever."

With these  newer vehicles with all of the electronics the warranty would be void if you exceed the guide lines in the owners manual.  The on board computer tells the manufacture what you have been doing.

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »

Just check the Roadmaster website and see if the base plates are the same part numbers or not. Here's the link:

http://www.roadmaster-tow-bars.com/?year=0&make=0&model=0&style=0

If they're not, you're looking at a new set of base plates. But at least the tow bar is universal.
Will  Cheesy

wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »

Eagle,
I disconnect the battery as have had a dead one after a few days of towing.
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: