Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 01:57:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webasto coolant pump  (Read 603 times)
opus

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »

Mine is starting to leak a little.  I want to replace it but I want to use something other than that particular pump, something external.  Anyone have an alternative that they have used?

1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.
joel_newton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:03:07 AM »

A used ProHeat unit I acquired had a broken pump impeller.  Based on recommendations on this forum and others I replaced it with a 12V March pump.  MUCH cheaper than the replacement ProHeat pump.  Motor and pump look better built than original pump.  Same specs.  It is listed as used in hot water applications.   Best price I found online was at Tesco Pumps.  In my opinion a good replacement in my application.  I have no interest/relationship with Tesco or March.

Pump specs:  http://www.marchpump.com/809-pl-hs-c-brushtype/

http://www.tescopumps.com/servlet/the-527/March-809-dsh-PL-dsh-HS-12VDC-809pl/Detail

Near Santa Rosa, California
Paramount Studios converted Gillig
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »

Does your bus have the auxiliary pump in the back for heater water circulation? Very nice looking brass pump. I took mine out, but plan on using it for added circulation in my hydronic heat system.  Rebuild parts are listed in the Blue Bird catalog. Perhaps used are available.

Dick
opus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:46:41 AM »

I do have the factory booster pump on the wall in the engine compartment.  Was kinda thinking I really dont need 2 pumps but like the added security.

Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »

I have the scholastic version Webasto heater which is supposed to plumb into the cooling system of the bus but the PO plumbed it as a seperate system with its own pump.  I'm sure you could use a march pump or any DC pump with a high enough water flow and a 1" connection.  Make sure the pump has enough flow to keep the heater from getting too hot.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
opus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »

After detailed searching, I actually found a NOS Webasto pump for $115.  Webasto wanted about $500.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: