Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:34:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to purchase new Seat  (Read 746 times)
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

Ok I want to buy a new seat any idea where to get a good seat at a great price?
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »

Driver's seat? Go to a mall and casually look at car seats, till you find the one you like. Just don't look like you are casing the cars.Get one like that from a U-pick junk yard or Ebay. Or take a tour of the U-pick and see if you find one you like. Then get an air ride base from a truck yard and/or get the seat there too. You could also check out new/used car dealers if you are uneasy about the mall. At least this way you can actually sit in several seats without fear. People at malls get upset if you sit in their cars trying out the seats.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:41:47 AM »

Go to a Freightliner dealer and sit in a new Cascadia with the Freightliner seats. They are probably the most comfy seats I've ever sit in (36 years in the business and drove 1.3 million miles). The standard seat has fore and aft adjustment, whole seat tilt (really nice), lower cushion extension, horizontal chubber, rear lower back inflation, complete recline. Go to the next level and it has two more air back supports. The top also has heat. Start around $650.00-but they are air ride seats. They are so comfortable, I'm putting them in my Kenworth truck conversion. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
flynbanjo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:47:33 AM »

I purchased our seats from Glastop in Pompano Beach Florida.  They were made by flexsteel and cost around $1000.00 each.  You might look into Discountvantruck.  I think they are located in California. 

Steven
81 MCI MC9
Hudson, Florida
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »

Our bus came with flexsteel captains chairs that the PO installed.  They are not air cushioned but just regular captain chairs.  With the suspension on the Eagle its so comfortable that it makes me sleepy.  Maybe not a good thing for long trips.  They are super comfy though.  I have seen some pretty good deals on flexsteel chairs on CList and eBay.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 05:23:30 AM »

If you are looking for air ride seats, all big truck dealer has a number of the to choose from. Often they  have specials on in stock models. Also any truck wrecking yard would probably have some good deals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: