Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 12:23:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: slide Out  (Read 1442 times)
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »

Jim,

I must say I agree with you concerning adding height. I'm only 6'1" but we opted to raise our roof 9" and it was by far the single best decision we made on our entire bus build. Just raising the roof made our coach feel huge. I can barely stand it inside coaches with stock roof height now. I get claustrophobic.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 06:24:31 PM »

A friend of mine owns a new 5th wheel.  It has dual living room slides if I recall correctly.  I was inside and was shocked at how spacious the unit was inside.  It felt like a home instead of a camper.

I really wish I had raised my roof.  I didn't think it was possible to rise the roof on a Dina, but Ken and Ruth's bus has proven that it can be done.  I seriously considered doing it a year or two ago after seeing their bus twice, but I realized I would basically have to remove every bit of interior and start over.  The time and cost just wasn't worth it as little as I use the bus.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 06:47:01 PM »

I kind of did the worst thing of all - I went to all the trouble of raising the roof, then later decided that I hadn't made it high enough. It's now got a 7" raise so is a thousand times better than it was - but I reckon I should have gone for 9" at least, if only to give room for thicker floor coverings etc. And, yes, height adds a lot to the feeling of space - nothing worse than feeling cramped and walking about all hunched-up because your brain is telling you that you that you need to constantly duck, even if you actually don't.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: