Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 07:21:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Over the Air TV  (Read 588 times)
wagwar

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »

We're going to the Blytheville Bus rally and it is the same day as the NCAA Final Four!  My wife is a big fan and doesn't want to miss the games. So I need to get some kind of TV setup. What is the best antenna for over the air HD reception?  I can mount it on the roof or use one of those that suction cup to a window. I just want to be sure I can get a good picture. What do you use?  I'm not going to buy a subscription to satellite TV service - Directv, Dish, etc.

Thanks in advance!

chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »

Here's a place to start.

http://www.winegard.com/over-the-air-television-antennas/index.php

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »

A couple skoolie folks have used this

The model number is ANT700R. It is an RCA antenna. from wally world

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Outdoor-Digital-Video-Broadcast-Terrestrial-with-Amplified-Antenna/20976675

Started out here, fine at 65mph they usally just suction cup it to the roof via escape hatch

not sure if it's usable for you

Good luck

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »

Glad you brought this up Jim. I have Dish and I use to get Denver channels away from home. They caught up to me and now shut off those channels about 150 from home. I still get one channel but please don't tell them so they shut it off. Anyway I am going to have to figure how to get local channels to watch Basketball. It will be a very big deal if Duke makes it that far. Not so bad if they don't. But I would like to watch the game on Monday. Now if Jim does not park me under the biggest tree in town all will be good.

Wayne
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »

Any UHF antenna on a atsc reciever (hdtv tuner on your dvd or tv) will work.  Might have to run it out to the roof but it will work.  Both our TVs have the 5$ uhf tuner with the disc in the middle and paddles to fine tune.  Probably find one in a thrift store.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »

I found that the wineguard crank up antenna with the little add on  thing they sell now was head and shoulders better than the other things I tried, including some fairly pricey powered amp antennas.   It's kind of a permanent install though.  At my old home, the best I got with my other attempts was around 6 channels, the Wineguard got around 30.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: