Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting ready for Blytheville  (Read 442 times)
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:06:47 PM »

Got the bus registered this week, what a PITA, the PO passed away and we needed a probate judge to document that the PO wife was legal to sell it to us before DMV would give us the registration. Spent fri and today working on it, got the generator wiring finished and ran the gen set for 4 hours this morning and got everything warmed up. The genset is piped to the bus engine so it warms it up too, it started right up this morning after its winter sleep. Replaced some burned out marker lights and a bad furnace thermostat. Wife is loading it up....another house for her to decorate!! I was worrying about the old Domitec fridge but it seems to be working fine. Now I have to take my first drive and get some fuel and see how she goes.

We are traveling from CT to a super Walmart in Winchester VA on Monday and then from there to the volunteer park campground in Heiskell TN on Tuesday night and then to Blytheville on Wed late afternoon. I'm a little concerned starting out on Monday which is April fools day but away we go!

I have to make a quick trip to LA on Monday & Tuesday then the rest of the week is working on the bus, got to change the oil and service the air dryer and get the bays organized. There is just a ton of little things to do.  The weather here is still winter, we had 30mph winds and about 35 degrees today and some snow and rain predicted for Monday. I hope it warms up enough next week to flush out the water tanks and lines and fill the fresh water tank.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Blytheville!!

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:51:43 AM »

Bruce

Sounds like you got it made! I spent all day yesterday (will today too) getting the bus ready. We received some white stuff on the ground over night too. Calling for 3-6" this afternoon. Who picked this time of year to hold a mid-western rally? Oh yeah, that was me! Looks like low 60s (so far) for the early part of the event week in Blytheville. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Blytheville+AR+USAR0063:1:US

Tom

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »

Yep, getting ready can be a challenge.  We had a foot of snow yesterday and it got down to a -8 this morning.  Fortunately the bus is in the shop, but the shop is not heated. 

Have a valve stem issue and had to remove one of the wheels to get to the inside dual.  Trying to find a new valve stem is not fun.

Once we get to Blytheville, we will forget all the trip preparation "fun" Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:16:35 PM »

Have fun Bruce!  Good luck!

OneLapper