Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 10:04:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Serpentine Belt: DD Series 40  (Read 453 times)
Lostranger
Jim in NC

Gillig Low Floor

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »

My belt is frayed, and we can't find a number on it. I have Gillig's parts manual, but it does not list engine belts. Gillig's parts department tells me that the belt is specific to the engine. I can't find anyone at DD willing to talk to me about a series 40. Can't find belt info on the web.

This is a 1999 model, 8.7 Liter engine. It's in an H2000LF. I'll take it off and measure if necessary, but I'd rather have the parts number.

Any help I could get locating a belt would be appreciated.

Jim in NC

The Lost Ranger
"Who was that masked man?"
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Navistar Truck should have one they build the engine

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lostranger
Jim in NC

Gillig Low Floor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:47:15 PM »

Thanks for the International tip. My Carquest store had a listing for a 530, and he's getting that belt in tomorrow. The pictures I see online show a radically different alternator on the International engine, but it's a place to start. I'll take my old belt in to compare.

Jim in NC

The Lost Ranger
Lostranger
Jim in NC

Gillig Low Floor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »

We ordered a belt for a 530 in a 1999 Navistar truck. Wasn't even close. Happy ending, though. Ordering the belt prompted me to remove the old one. It was intact for length but something had sheared away almost half of its width.

With my old belt in the store, we were able to match it to an in-stock belt. I had no idea that Carquest stocked such a selection of long, 8-groove belts. The one we selected fits and works perfectly. I almost left the store with one an inch shorter, but I don't believe it would have fit.

Here are the specs: Gates sold under Carquest brand. Part number K080991. 1-3/32" x 99-5/8"   28mm x 2531mm

On my engine, I had to remove the tensioner and loosen the idler to remove the belt. No biggie.

Jim in NC

The Lost Ranger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: