Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:33:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT PARKING & road constr INFO Blytheville event "Ghosts of Highway"  (Read 588 times)
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2013, 05:57:06 AM »

Hello all

Here is important parking info for the Blytheville event: (PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY)

The event will officially start Thursday morning April 4.

When you arrive in town (you can arrive as early as you like) please head toward our temporary coach staging area lots at: 2900 S. Division st. (U.S. 61) Blytheville, AR 72315 (GPS coordinates: lat:  35.895656 Long:  -89.918151) Exit# 63 off I-55, (there are two exits for Blytheville, the one you want is the south exit off I-55) then travel north on highway 61 (Division st.) about .4 miles to former auto dealer lots on East side of road. There are three former car dealer lots at this address, we can use all three to park coaches. The city was granted permission by land owners. For early arrivals, overnight dry camping will be allowed in these lots. These lots should be large enough to temporarily hold all the coaches, until the city can get the necessary streets closed downtown and get folks parked near the Greyhound depot. We will have our parking crew arrive on Sunday 3/31. We will be distributing maps/directions from the temp. staging lots to show parking areas downtown near the former Greyhound depot. (These lots are only about 2.9 miles from the former Greyhound depot)We plan to begin parking coaches downtown on late Wednesday afternoon (April 4). Please do not attempt to park downtown before my parking crew has assisted you from the temporary staging lots. We must be respectful of downtown local merchants, and not block their customer access/parking. The city has worked very hard to make this event great for all involved, so I ask for your patience and cooperation. The city is closing several streets downtown for the duration of the three day event to provide coach parking near the former Greyhound depot. All registered coaches will be parked downtown first, then any non-registered "drop-ins" will be parked. If anyone wants to park near their buddy in the show areas, just let the parking crew know that, and we will make every attempt to accommodate you. All members that wish to park together, must be present in the staging lot to get parked with friends. Once folks get parked downtown, it will be difficult to juggle coaches around. We most likely can not hold spots for future arrivals. If you have toads, trailers, dollies, extra cars, etc. you can leave those items in these lots for the duration of the event. The city will have passenger car parking areas near the depot for local show attendees.

Area road construction news story link: http://www.couriernews.net/story/1953176.html

We currently have 60 coaches registered! 

Please feel free to ask questions. tbonemcnally@hotmail.com See you soon!
Have a safe trip!

Tom McNally
309-253-2169

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
pd4501-771
Tom McNally

PD4501-771 "All 43 seats.....still a bus !"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »

To clarify: toads do not have to stay 2.9 miles from your bus. We will run a shuttle bus out to stage lot for you to pickup your toad.(once buses are parked downtown) You can then park toads in car lot near depot. Hope this helps.

Tom,

PD4501-771
PD4501-1001
PD4104-3462
PD3751-686

If you know of the whereabouts of a PD4501 Scenicruiser - I would like to add the serial number to my registry of surviving Scenics.  www.tomsgarageonline.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

One would think parking would be easy in Blytheville we passed through there a few years back and it looked like it was dying on vine so many vacant places so you guys spend money and help the town out wish I was attending 

For you potato chip lovers about 40 miles is Jonesboro they have a huge Lays plant there that gives free tours if you out tolling around I found it interesting and don't eat chips

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »

Also in Jonesboro is Craighead Forest Park which has 1/2 price Senior discounted RV spaces with water and  Smiley >50 amp electric < Smiley and nearby  Smiley< easy access free sewer dump> Smiley. Good place for a nice quiet after rally rally...lots of little kid parks too (Rotary and Lion's) neat lake to feed ducks....oh and free hot showers too.
OK it's 60 miles west of Blytheville..but people coming from or leaving west this is quite the gem.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:59:05 PM by eagle19952 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: