Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 11:49:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever found out you were hosting a rally and didn't know it?  (Read 749 times)
B_K

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »

OK sports fans, now that it is perfectly clear on the insurance front, I'll file a claim with FMCA to buy BK a new lawn lounge.  For those of you not aware, I backed over BK's favorite yard chair with my Suzuki toad at his last year's super rally. 

BK - I'll be arriving late afternoon on Tuesday as per notification by Uncle Ned of this year's Rally.  He's going to lead the caravan on to Blytheville the following day.  There is an off-chance that Hard Headed Ken could be a participant in the big road event, now that he has a WHOLE new set of Michelins.
Ned - As I understand the Rally insurance, FMCA will NOT cover the waffles on Tuesday morning but hell, at our age we need to live large!

What no waffles or tri tips or spaghetti
we will starve  or live off of stred fat.  hope to see you tuesday the 2nd.
uncle ned

No, No, Ned - you misunderstood - there WILL be waffles.  It is just that they won't be insured by FMCA - you eat at your own risk!
By the way, is BK going to be at his Rally?

Do you think we should nvitr BK to his own 1 day rally.
will give him a call
ned

ALL I CAN SAY IS BRING IT ON!
(PH and thak you Tom Hamrick for letting me know I was having a rally and to send your "new to you" DDECII ECM with Ned!

LOL! Wow I really don't get on the boards as much these days do I?
Grin  BK  Grin
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:02:19 AM »

Never a rally but i have found myself hosting a few parties that i didn't know about.  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »

Since we're talking about dealing with BusNuts here,  I'm sure that you've seen weirder!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »

As a matter or fact, Yes!

Frankie and I joined the Eagles in 1996.
At the 1997 Annual meeting in Quartzite, we were introduced.
During the introductions a remark was made that maybe we could host a rally in Alaska.
We said sure, that we could. Since we were full timers we would need some lead time.
That winter we were in Florida and received the Eagle News Letter.
As I was reading it, I said to Frankie, "Look, they're having a rally in Alaska."
I read a little farther and said, "And we're hosting it".

It really created no problems and the rally went off without a hitch.
I think those that attended would agree it was a great experience.
Some of them stayed the entire summer in Alaska.

It might not be the same with others and I recommend that the hosts be involved before they are appointed!

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:15:21 PM »

Dang how do you think I feel, Their having a sneak-in at your place and I'm not invited. that mean just downright mean.  LOL

OK for you guy's

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: