Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 07:51:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: proper way to prime a 6v92t?  (Read 374 times)
Darkspeed

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »

What is the correct way to prime a 6v92t?

I did a search but did not find the aswer.

Thank you

Todd
4106-1070 6V92T + V730
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »

The proper way is to simply fill up all the filters and lines, then start it.  The fun begins there - there are many ways to accomplish that simple task, and one is better than the other only if you happen to like it better.  Many simply fill up the filters and crank it till it starts.  Others use a vacuum pump to pull fuel into the filters, others use a pressure pump.  Some filters have a built in pump.  I personally installed an in-line electric pump in the main fuel line from the tank.  It sits along side the engine.  It can pull fuel from the tank even if the main line is dry, and it fills the primary filter and puts pressure up to the engine's fuel pump.  When I started my engine after a fresh install, it took 10 seconds to establish prime, and the engine started fine.  I turn it off as soon as I hear it's sound change indicating that it has reached it's 10 PSI pressure and has filled up the filter.  The main fuel pump develops around 60 psi, so the priming pump's 10 psi won't stand a chance of harming any seals in the main pump.

Edit: sorry, I wasn't reading your other thread where you figured this out...

Brian
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:45:38 PM by bevans6 » Logged

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: