Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 09:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: exhaust question  (Read 808 times)
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »

I have a question that i need some options on.  I have an 81 california eagle 6v92, it originally came with a resinator. The motor was overhauled in 2000, a new resinator was installed.  I have been wondering if it hinders or helps the engine, is it better with it or without it?  Any opinions will be appreciated.   thanks.

Pete & Jean
               Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:27:55 PM »

The only real way to tell is to put a gauge to see what the back pressure is.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »

Thanks Tom for the reply about using the gauge for the back pressure.  I was hoping that there would be a few more opinions on the resinator, Good or bad or whatever.  I was hoping Luke or Busted Knuckle might have an opinion also.  I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and your all the same weight that you were before Thanksgiving.

Pete & Jean
                Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: