Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 11:58:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8V71 Tach drive  (Read 418 times)
MC8Mike

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »

My MC-8 has a mechanical tach drive next to the water pump but is missing the internal drive in the engine. I have a Hall-Effect generator that will operate my Stewart Warner tach and I have it all installed on to find the missing drive when I went to install the tach generator. I'm wondering does anybody out there have the needed parts or know where to locate them. Also if anyone needs a gear drive, 24V, oil cooled alternator I have one that needs a new home. Thanks.

1973 MC8 in progress but we're going to use it this year!
Fallon, Nevada
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »

If you have the thread on part held on with 2- 5/16 bolts you are missing the drive if that is the case you won't find one used those drive into the end of the camshaft removing one is impossible to remove with out it breaking it off in the camshaft.

If you have a blank plate or a cap covering it the whole thing will cost you around 85 bucks from DD I think the drive pin separate is around 30 or 40 bucks that is a DD item 

It takes a good parts guy to locate it in the book try WW Williams in Phoenix and ask for George he has been around for a long time and knows where to look

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
MC8Mike

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »

Ok, thanks for  your help, I'll give George a call.

1973 MC8 in progress but we're going to use it this year!
Fallon, Nevada
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: