Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 02, 2014, 01:47:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: selling my bus  (Read 1048 times)
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I need to sell my 1995 country coach. All you guys and gals that have gone before me where did you advertise yours and what would you different this time. I know I won't get what I need out of her but I can't do any thing about that now.

Thanks

Don
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

I only sold one bus, and it was not near comparable to yours, but I did it on Craigslist.  Since it's free, you can list on multiple markets though you may have to change the wording in each one a bit. Obviously, include as many pictures as you can.  There is also BNO and MAK.  The hope would be that those that know you here will have more confidence in what they are getting than if they were buying from a stranger. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »

Don, when I sold my Courier 96 a year ago, I had it on Kijiji for about a year and a half with lots of pictures. I was asking $29,900, and not willing to give it away. After a few tire kickers, someone came along that liked it and wanted it. I took $25,000 for it. I felt I did well, and so did the buyer. What I am saying  is that if you are not in a hurry, you can wait for your price, someone will come along that likes it, and will pay what is reasonably worth.

Take care,

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »

Is there a Country Coach board? Easier to sell something to people that are familiar with the product. Even if they already have one, they may know somebody looking for one.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »

Yea they do Ed Country Coach International but I don't think you can sell there without being a member of the club
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:26:37 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40:15 AM »

Don, sorry to hear that you have to sell.  Its always a sad day.

I have not sold a bus yet but can give you some insight from a buyers perspective who's never owned a bus before.  

We used eBay to get an idea of what things were selling for and what they were worth.  Most of the buses that we called about and looked at were on craigslist.  Also spoke to a couple people from this board that informed me they were selling.  

Make sure you have nice, clean good pictures.   Don't take a pic of the sink in the galley, show the whole galley.  Don't take a picture of the living room with clothes all over the place, and don't take a pic of the generator with a pile of tools on the ground next to it Wink.  

Don't make a list of all the things that are wrong with the bus.  Keep the description simple and focus on the good stuff and the main points, engine, paint, good tires, well maintained.  Then have them contact you for a detailed document with all the details.  This way you will get interested parties contacting you directly and you can speak to them directly and figure out how serious they are.

The woman often has a big say in the purchase.  Cater to her.  I cannot tell you how hard it was to get my wife interested in a bus that would have a simple issue like a leaky sink(that was easy to fix) but because the owner was trying to be so honest he scared her away telling about the problems instead of showing her the closet space a big bathroom with the tile floor.
Talk about the issues to the man, not the woman.

If you have used this site or any other to document issues, projects, upgrades to your bus, mention it.  I learned alot about a few of the buses (and the owners) on these boards before I even saw the bus.  That was a big plus.  

Hope this helps and wish you the best and hope you get a good chunk of change back.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 04:43:35 PM »

These people sold my coach, Good people Evolution Custom Coach bus conversion shop
13 Berwick St. White Haven PA, 18661
telephone: 570-443-5700, fax: 570-443-9431
call toll free: 1-866-332-5100
For Sale
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:31 PM »

Ck out there web site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: