Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:48:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for the best repower  (Read 4955 times)
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »

I struggle with the same issues. The sled runs should take care of your need for speed.

trailconditions.com

I cranked up our 871 to 2400. went from 62 to 72 mph,, yea,,, i would like to be cranking 13, 14oo and be running 75-80 mph. yea the electronics and proprietary software to run these engines is where it is at. I want the double overdrive also.

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

Thanks for all the replies ,sorry I didn't get back to you sooner as we were on the road. We just came back to huntsville ont canada .Cold and snow ,had to wash off all the salt $#!% from the drive Sad  Now a problem with heat yes heat ! on the drive from florida I couldnt get temp. over 140-150 f ? I had to jerry-rig my shutters to a switch on the dash and close and open manually to get the temp up to 180f . Outside temp. was as low as 19 f on fri. morning . And to top it off my electronic heat on the bus (red degital read out push botton ) so no heat out of defroster or main heater.( only worked 2 out of 10 times I tried ) , so the floor heat was not as hot as it should have bean and the propane wall heat helped to keep the front warm . Is there a manual heat unit for this bus ? IN the fall I replaced the thermostats for new 170 f ( org were only 2 years old when eng. was rebuilt) Now I installed new ones same as org. t stats could they be in backwards ? Or can they stick open ? since rebuild eng. has run cold . Frustrated as heck!

thanks    dave                       

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
Electman

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »

Your best bet is an 8V92 DDECIII with a WTECIII HD 6 speed transmission, as a series 60 will be too tall and too long for your chassis.
Global Industrial Automatics does the complete conversions in Tucson, AZ
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 04:50:31 AM »

a series 60 will be too tall and too long for your chassis.
Global Industrial Automatics does the complete conversions in Tucson, AZ

The height is OK but the length is a challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 05:00:06 AM »

Height is the problem in a Eagle the length is fine all re powers have something to work around in older buses takes a strong will  and mind to do one plus $$$$ 

Life is short drink the good wine first
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 08:24:34 AM »

Look at the Cummins ISL. It is available up to 450hp and 1250lb/ft torque-then you can use the shorter 3000MH Allison transmission. I would stay away from any 2 stroke engine for a repower-just not enough good mechanics left that know how to work on the 2 stroke engines. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: