Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 10:43:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rat Headach in the Bus  (Read 1953 times)
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »

I used to catch big garter, king, gofer and bull snakes and let them loose underneath the armstrong solar cabin years ago.  Had a very positive affect on the mice and pack rat problem.  Even the big pack rats would rather not tangle with a 60" bull snake.

But...the snakes had the nagging ability to crawl up in bed with you when it got cold inside.  Cute fellows; we never had a problem with any biting us.  Another idea is to borrow someones ferrets and let them run around inside your Bus Conversion. HB of CJ
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 07:34:14 PM »

Interesting that this topic has come up again, as it should, periodically.  (Just like the oil debate??  Hehehehe)

Anyway, was talking to a pest control guy the other day while we were both in a customer's back yard.  I mentioned this thread, and he made what I thought to be a thoughtful observation:

Once you've trapped a rodent in a spring trap, and you reuse the trap, after several visitors, the rest of the clan can "smell death" and will avoid the trap.

I don't know how accurate this is, but he's been in the industry 25 years, so there's probably truth backed up by experience in his comment.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:24 AM »

Poor Chip, there he was, excited and just waving to his buddies letting them know he was going to go for a bus ride, and you thought that he was mocking you. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: