Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 06:08:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIDEO of my bus conversion - feedback please!  (Read 2043 times)
DROdio
WonderlandBus

1989 VanHool T-815 - "WonderlandBus"

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2006, 03:16:13 PM »

I have posted a ~7 minute video of my bus conversion project, and I'd love your feedback.

PS thank you to Nick Badame who came down from NJ to DC this past weekend to help me w/ my electrical (and we're actually ripping out the SW4024 and putting in an RS3000 inverter, since the 4024 only has one 115v leg to it).

The video is at www.WonderlandBus.com, then just click on the link on the main page.  If for some reason it doesn't play, it's probably because you don't have Flash version 7.  There's a link below the video where you can go to see it.

I'd love your feedback, both good and bad.  I'm doing some pretty different stuff with this bus, so please give me your honest opinions!!!  - DROdio

"WonderlandBus"
1989 VanHool T-815

Daniel@WonderlandBus.com
www.WonderlandBus.com
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 03:26:02 PM »

The web page is asking for a username and password. Are you sure you shared the video with the public?

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
DROdio
WonderlandBus

1989 VanHool T-815 - "WonderlandBus"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »

Sorry, fixed - should be working without an ID/PW now. - DROdio

"WonderlandBus"
1989 VanHool T-815

Daniel@WonderlandBus.com
www.WonderlandBus.com
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 07:32:49 PM »

Loved the video!  Lots of interesting ideas. 

Are you going to travel alone? 

The closet is really a good idea-uses otherwise wasted space.  The only way it is practical is with the Murphy bed though.

If you are not going to do a lot of boondocking,  why all the batteries?

Thanks for the look - got some more ideas.

David
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:06:39 PM »

Daniel,
Great video - thanks for sharing.  Like the Murphy bed and sliding closet ideas. Think your battery bank maybe over kill unless you are boondocking alot.  Many well thought out ideas - enjoy!

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Lightfoot

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »

Nice coach and commentary. You give an excellent overview of the work involved, and some clever innovation on convertible spaces. Very useful.

Convertibility is something I've been looking for in designing my 35' Paper Phantom. I want to full time, and take my hobbies on the road with me. Hopefully trade hand-crafted trinkets for fuel. I'm trying to leave as much open shell as possible for working space, just in case somebody orders up a really big trinket. Cheesy.

A murphy bed is probably the easiest and most obvious space saver. I've been sleeping on one for ten years now, in my house. It's considerably faster folding away a Murphy than it is to make-up a regular just-sitting-there bed. The recovered space is just a bonus, and where I do my computing.

Ease of deployment is the art and soul of convertibility. Making the transition from one mode to the other near instantaneous and hassle-free, while not sacrificing any comfort or utility. You seem to have done a really nice job with your wardrobe <-> shower swap. Think I'll borrow that idea from you, see how it works on mine. Thanks for sharing.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »

DROdio,

This might help with the sewage fittings beiing on the passenger side of the bus.  It is required to be the on pass side and the hose goes back to the driver side and you pull it out when you need it.    nice bus!

http://www.phasefourindustries.com/

Keep us posted!

NewbeeMC9

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: