Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 07:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: video update, bathroom floor and some new seats.  (Read 903 times)
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »

bus update seats and floor
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

Nice work, Mike.  I think you'll be really happy with the baseboard heat in the bedroom - while I'm working on my bus, I have a 1500 watt heater in the bedroom and it keeps it toasty during (NC winter) nights -- yeah, ours are nothing like yours but I have to turn that little one down so it doesn't get too hot overnight.  I'm still not sure what I'll do for my final heat but I've been amazed at what a fairly small heater will do.  All this depends on a fairly small, well insulated and well sealed space (that's what I have and it looks as if that's what you have); but I'm not super-hi-tech with mine, my windows are single-pane Peninsula half-sliders and that small heater still works well.
    And please keep us up to date on the seats - I'd love to see a video of the seat reupholstery.

Best wishes, Bruce H  NC  USA

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:29 AM »

Thanks Bruce.  I am planning on adding more baseboard heaters as I go, also I have two propane furnaces that I am going to install, just not sure where yet.  My windows are the original MCI ones, maybe some day I would like to replace them with double pain sliders.  My insulation is not high tech either, I just packed as much pink board in as I could and filled all gaps with expanding foam.  This coming fall will be the three year anniversary and I am really itching to get this thing going down the road.
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »

looking great, Mike! You are a craftsman for sure! I wish I had your talent!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »

Thanks Dr. Steve.  Sometimes I think the methods I use slow the process down, and I suppose it does, but I just cant bring myself to do in any other way, and I do try at times. Huh
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:37:41 AM »

Getting there Mike! 

Keep pressing on.  Thanks for the videos.  Love the baseboard heater.  I like the idea of using the existing rails and wall anchors for the furniture.  I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »

Mike -

Nice work, and nice video, too!

As Sean said, good idea "recycling" MCI's seat mounting track!

My only concern is the wood stove.  I'm sure you're well aware of all the arguments for and against, so won't rehash them. I'd just hate to lose a talented busnut who worked so hard on his conversion but ended up with a shortened trip in the bus, but an extended trip to the Promised Land.

Keep us updated, now that the weather's getting better.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
mike802

1983 MCI MC9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »

Thanks Sean and RJ.

RJ:  I appreciate your concern for my safety, I hold that in high regard as well and I would not do anything that I felt was unsafe.  The stove, if used, will be solidly mounted using the same system as the seating and it is only intended to be used when parked.  I did not discuss mounting the stove in the video because I have not sat down and given much thought to just how I am going to go about it, but I imagine I will build some kind of steel frame that bolts to the stove and than to the original MCI seat mounting points, this could be a whole video in itself.  I agree a cast iron stove flying around during an accident could be hazardous, but no less than any other number of possible projectiles that are not solidly mounted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: