Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:39:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Blytheville saga  (Read 4421 times)
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »

Wow Dennis, I have not tried that to park them, will check that tomorrow. It may just be operator error!  We could not get them to the park position without fiddling with the knob and that is not good at 65mph.

Thanks so much!

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »

Wow Dennis, I have not tried that to park them, will check that tomorrow. It may just be operator error!  We could not get them to the park position without fiddling with the knob and that is not good at 65mph.

Thanks so much!

Bruce

Bruce glad you and the wife made it home still married even with the troubles and extra time @ the mil's!

The suggestions for the wipers are good ones.

But to add one more you might want to check with Fred Hobe down in FL and see what he has left over.
It's not been that long ago he was selling ALL his left over bus parts @ BLOW OUT PRICES as he has closed up shop and one of his projects he used to do was electric wipers on MCI's!
Grin  BK  Grin
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 11:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Iceni John
Yes, I know that HF's stuff is mostly worthless junk, but these definitely exceeded my expectations.   They work well and should last a long time.   So far, so good.   I may also put some lubricators on the door's air ram, but for that I'll need two, one for each direction.

John

Hey John have you tried bleeding the air out of the door rams with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water?

I have done this on many an MCI and helped them dramatically!

You take a hose barb and about a foot of clear hose/tubing and thread the hose barb into a clear soda bottle full of the mixture.
Then you work the door back and forth until it stops blowing bubbles and you only have the mixture flowing thru the tube both ways.

(yeah I know it sounds crazy, but it works!)
Grin  BK  Grin
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 04:08:32 AM »

BK or anyone else have Fred Hobe contact information?? Thanks to all for the great wiper advice!!!

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »

BK or anyone else have Fred Hobe contact information?? Thanks to all for the great wiper advice!!!

Bruce

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?action=profile;u=1677

the link above is his member info here.

I'm sure someone will have better contact info or Fred himself will chime in.
Grin  BK  Grin
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:53 AM »

On the 4th day, it stopped and blocked the kidney so I went in for surgery to have it removed and yes guys.....the surgery is done up through there....and a stent is placed for 3 days.
Bruce,

I think that's the most painful post I have ever read on this website. 

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »

Reminds me of my trip to BK's rally three years ago.

Spent about 2 weeks in the Jackson Madison county tn. hospital.

Open heart surgy,triple bypass and waking up to see 2 devils in thee room with me  BK and Cody.
Just knew that I had went the wrong way to the dark side.  LOL

Still a good trip.  any trip with the bus that you live through is a good trip.

Blythevlle was one of the best gathering of buses that I have been to.
more buses of all kinds and some of the nicest people.  bus people and town people.

Every where we went we were welcomed and told how great it was for us to come to their town

uncle ned
huggy bear a 4104#172

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:59 AM »

ps

the doctor checked out the coach and let me go home a week early.  if not I would have to stay and went to a home for other old "people" to recover.

A good reason to travel in a bus

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »

Hey John have you tried bleeding the air out of the door rams with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water?

I have done this on many an MCI and helped them dramatically!

You take a hose barb and about a foot of clear hose/tubing and thread the hose barb into a clear soda bottle full of the mixture.
Then you work the door back and forth until it stops blowing bubbles and you only have the mixture flowing thru the tube both ways.

(yeah I know it sounds crazy, but it works!)
Grin  BK  Grin
Thanks for that idea.   I don't think I need to do so yet, but forewarned is forearmed.   My door air cylinder works well for now, but I just want to make sure it continues to do so well into the future without needing me to disassemble it and replace O-rings etc.

My feeling is that a well-lubricated air motor, whether for wipers or for doors, should work well enough that an electric replacement would be hardly any better, if at all.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: