Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 08:05:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vinyl wrap vs paint  (Read 821 times)
Nineforever
Nineforever

100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:56 PM »

Was wondering if it would be okay to cover a mc9 above the belt line with extra good quality vinyl instead of paint , reason seems to be much less exspensive oracle has great selection of colors lasts up to 10 years ? .

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

To many rivets to get a smooth cover and bond BTDT

Life is short drink the good wine first
Nineforever
Nineforever

100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:26:50 PM »

Understand to many rivets on a mc9 , on a smoth side 102 it would be good ?

Hyway 3 100 klms south of Yellowknife NWT Canada
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »

I had my coach wrapped, and I found that it works well, but you need to be sure that the installer has experience.

The fellow I chose gave a good price and a guarantee (we operate the vehicle to transport disabled veterans so we are a non profit and watch every penny). Out of the shop, the job looked awesome, but when asked about the guarantee, he said that he would fix anything we brought back to him to fix. Lots of repairs.

Since the work was done, I have spoken with a number of installers, and they told me what was done wrong, how it should have been done, and then showed completed wraps that have lasted a long time without problems.

Much can be done with a wrap where painting would be cost prohibitive, but pick your installer.

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »

Our Boy Scout troop has a trailer that was wrapped in 2001 or 2002.  It is somewhat faded, but still good shape.  One of the Scout leaders owns a sign shop and did the work for free.

He said the trailer should have been rewrapped at least 5 years ago.  He said the wrap will now have to be removed and it is very labor intensive to do so after being on so many years.  It appears that a vinyl wrap is not intended for long term use.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: