Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus questions! - Long post (newbie)  (Read 3456 times)
Dirtball

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »

Chris , I bought a "New" bus several years back using the advice of a seasoned busconversion pro. He helped weed me through what I needed and didn't need in a bus. In the end he helped me adjust my offer to a price that reflected the true market price, saving me $100,000 . pm me if you would like contact info.

Read up on BusAir and think about how much storage space you need in the bays-if any,  for the 4 of you. Think about height also...12' 6"  or taller. 

This forum has members who really know their rigs. Paste the bookmark on your toolbar if you really buy a bus..I read it regularly. This is the best forum I know of for busconversions....I learn something new almost every time I log on. You don't need to become a diesel machanic to own and operate a bus , but , you do need to know where all the components of the "conversion" are located so you know who to ask for help...if you can't trouble shoot it yourself. The chasis and drivetrain are basic stuff known at every bus shop in every major city.
 btw , I love my bus and will own it til I can't drive it safely.  My friend flies a G5 ( a $60,000,000) jet with about the same living area as a 45 ft coach... he is jealous of my bus cause I may not be able to cruise at 500mph but I can land on almost any road and have the same level of comfort.

1996 MCI DL3 Custom Coach conversion
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 04:49:35 PM »

Chris, are you going to use the bus as a dressing room or production office when parked next to the stages?  Be carefull about entrances and exits, a small curb height might be enough to high center a 45' prevost, search the bcm forums, you may not have options to park at stage for free, so there is another layer of costs with rv parks,  some of the parks can't handle a 45', more have spaces for 40', almost all can handle 35', call your stage managers about stage door parking and power source, a good stage electrcian, can get you temporary power, even if its not built in, 30amp will not handle everything, 50amp plug should, your generator, can cause exhaust or noise issues with the local constabulary, some stagehands may have a large lot for you to park, good luck. 501 c3's, are very difficult now, get good advice, include the bus/RV in your business plan and project goal outline submitted to state and IRS, lvmci...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:09:50 PM by lvmci » Logged

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »

Dirtball,I will take the Gulfstream G-5 over a bus any day  Roll Eyes that is a very nice rig

Life is short drink the good wine first
Topher

Me at work

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »

Thanks for all the help. I think I am going with Seangie advice and Lease (rent) a bus for the first few years. Not that I want to but it will save me the major headaches for a few years.

I will say that I plan on hanging around here with you guys because I like what I see and I must state that I dislike you guys because I now want to go out and buy my own bus, gut it and make it the way I want to.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Chris

P.S. Mod's if you would like you can close this topic if you want.

Chris
Mansfield, Ohio
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: