Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:24:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an official veg oil thread?  (Read 1671 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »

I am going to play devil's advocate here.  Knowing what WVO will do to rubber fuel lines, I have asked myself a question.  What is it doing to the orings and seals internally.  Luvrbus presented that question sometime back and it has bothered me ever since.  So what are we doing to the fuel pump seals?  What are we doing to the other seals?  I have had zero issues but if we do, it is going to be pretty derned expensive just to tow it to the shop, then we are really going to feel it when we pay for new seals in the internal engine.  You might as well pull the engine and do frame off work.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Jnbroadbent

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »

I did not realize you were processing on the road.  You are definately going to need a centrifuge.

That is correct.

I found a pic of yours with all your WVO stuff mounted above the engine. Love it! Stealing the idea!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:29:19 PM by Jnbroadbent » Logged

Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 06:35:18 AM »

I mounted the valves, fuses flat bar heater and a filter to that angle frame.  That angle iron was recovered from an old bedframe.   Grin

I'll post it here so folks can see what we are yapping about.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: