Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 07:08:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who said polishing the stainless was hard work?  (Read 1867 times)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »

11 year olds! Smiley

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that one! That was awesome!  Roll Eyes

I was trying not to be an @$# about the safety thing. It's just that I learned it the hard way. I grew up doing metal work and had nobody to
enforce the rules. Even in shop class, nobody really said much about wearing safety glasses even though it was required. Hearing protection
was unheard of. I spent a lot of time with a grinder in my hands grinding on welds. As a consequence, I have some hearing loss. It's minor,
but it's there, and I'm pretty sure it's probably due to my negligence. I try to be more diligent now, even to the point of wearing hearing
muffs when snow blowing or lawn mowing. My neighbors look at me a little weird when they see me mowing the yard in August with
a pair of ear muffs on. But, I've also been known to walk out to them when they're using the weed whip while wearing shorts and sandals
and with no eye protection and hand them a pair of safety glasses.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: