Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 01:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Napa part # for Bendix Governor  (Read 653 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »

Anyone know the part number for this guy?

Also - should I use Teflon tape (or another product) on the air valve connectors?

This is on a 6v92 ta mechanical engine.

Thanks.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
gus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 02:43:37 PM »

It appears to be a generic comp gov, almost any parts store will have it for around $25, maybe the cheapest part on the whole bus!

No teflon in air, fuel or hyd systems, the risk is not worth it. I use teflon paste in very small amounts, far superior and safer than tape. I only use tape on home water systems.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

When you remove it the number is on the other side of the D2 they come in different arrangements I use the Midland kn 18530 or a Bendix 267100 for Eagles they may look generic but they come in a bunch of different parts numbers and arrangements

good luck   

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:16:15 AM »

The part they had in stock at Napa was H284358 HD plus Air Governor (made in china).

Loomed exactly the same and for 14$ I figured that's what Ill use for now.  Easy to replace.  Toughest part was trying to figure out how to set the governor to kick off at 120 or so.

My new problem with that is when I was setting the governor my air system read about 125 and my safety valve kicked off on the air dryer.  I'm headed to triple to buy another as this thing doesn't reset when the air goes back down.  Anything over 90 lbs and it just hisses away.

I am hoping I didn't screw anything else up.  Anything else I should be  checking that could have possibly been damaged?

Thanks again.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: