Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 07:15:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use any CAD for interior design? (or in my case, google sketch up)  (Read 2239 times)
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »

This stuff looks so good.  I've downloaded the SketchUp software and after hours of trying, I can't get it to draw a straight line.  I'll keep trying but I'm not holding my breath.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Jnbroadbent

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »

This stuff looks so good.  I've downloaded the SketchUp software and after hours of trying, I can't get it to draw a straight line.  I'll keep trying but I'm not holding my breath.

It made no sense to me but i was determined to finally get a grasp of it. Watched some youtube vids, when I encountered problems I googled it which typically brought me to the sketchup help site.

To me when I realized it was perspective it made more sense. Like if you wanted to draw a line up, look at it from the side rather then some weird skewed/cock-eyed perspective and it will snap to the axis you want. (b/g/r for xyz)

Jon
1980 Mc9 w/ veg oil
8v71
Jacksonville Fl
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

It made no sense to me but i was determined to finally get a grasp of it. Watched some youtube vids, when I encountered problems I googled it which typically brought me to the sketchup help site.

To me when I realized it was perspective it made more sense. Like if you wanted to draw a line up, look at it from the side rather then some weird skewed/cock-eyed perspective and it will snap to the axis you want. (b/g/r for xyz)

I'm going to keep trying; it's not like I have anything filling up my copious free time (I have lots of that, I'm a bus owner)!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: