Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 04:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 60 in a 05 Eagle  (Read 4058 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 08:43:49 AM »

At the last BCM at the Caverns I don't if it is the same owner but the guy had just paid 160 grand for that bus my times have changed

Life is short drink the good wine first
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »

When I first saw that picture of the Series 60 with a miter box, I scratched my head.  Then Van's post clarified that it was an 01 which have much more length to work with.

It was mentioned that this was a Sundance conversion.  Some of you knew Marv Roberts.  He passed away a few years ago, but his wife Hazel is doing well - great lady.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:45 AM »

We come across many different engine set ups in Eagles, especially the model 01's. The Sundance conversion is quite the machine, owned by a fella named Vern, Clifford. His buddy Jerry (also from Parump) owns this 01 with a BC Cummins engine

Here's another 01 from S. Dakota with a 8-92 in it
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 10:18:33 AM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 12:49:15 PM »

Roberts did do good work too bad he had 0 people skills,I never meet Hazel but did Marv on several occasions lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »

Years ago when his shop was located in St. George, Ut. I walked in the back door to look at an Eagle that was in progress, I did not have my wallet outstretched in my hands so he threw me out in about 20 seconds..>>>Dan ( Later a friend of mine bought that unfinished Eagle from the bank for a song after he went BK)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:21:58 PM by Utahclaimjumper » Logged

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »

Marv did the outside of my 05 he did very nice work. He was not cheap good thing I could work harder then to pay the bills.

wayne
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »

We have known Marv and Hazel since the 70's when they were the ranch managers at a membership ranch in WY.  He used to drive an Eagle bus from Denver to the ranch and back each weekend.

They were absolute opposites.  Hazel was just a wonderful person to know.  As was noted, he did good work.  After he left St George, I went to his personal shop in Hill City, KS to get some bay doors for my bus.  He had a finished Eagle in one end of the shop and was working on another in the main shop area.

He had terrible people skills the whole time I knew him.  Talked to his brother several times over the past few years (he still owns an Eagle) and he is a very nice guy.

Sorry about the thread drift.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: