Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 08:43:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Furniture  (Read 1756 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:28:56 AM »

We chucked the furniture in the bus before we took off to FL.  Unfortunately we were not able to take the bus with us as we had aforementioned problems with the AC.  But I did snap a few photos.  Actually starting to look like a real motor coach Smiley

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 08:10:23 AM »

Nice-Very White.

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

Very nice.  Where did you get the furniture?  Where will you guys eat at since I see no table?

It appears that it will feel very crowded if the recliners are in use and anyone else is in the front area.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »

Brian -

Furniture was from discountvantruck.com. Very comfortable. The white was to brighten up the front area and to match existing driver/co-pilot seats.  The cherry wood is very dark and wifey wanted happy sunshiney brightness in the coach.  Might not be so white when the 4 kids are done with it.

It is a little tight up there. Next bus will be 102 with a slide, right?  Wink   Tables are going to go in front of each of the bench seats.  They will be removable posts with a 12" wide top with a hinged flap that can add more table space when needed. We plan on spending most of our time outdoors including cooking/eating.  The layout is slightly different from what I envisioned.  We moved the furniture around a bit before deciding on this layout.

Recliners are for afternoon naps for mom and dad while kids are out playing. Cool

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
treeplanter

the grey ghost,1971 GMC 5305A

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:27 AM »

Very clean and bright looking.Love the recliners.

Timothy
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 03:29:19 AM »

Sean, looks so nice and neat, sure did brighten up the front of the bus. I'm going to checkout that web site. Thanks for the photos!!!
Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 05:19:34 AM »

Looks very nice overall. I do see the same Flexsteel sewing issue I have with my pilot/copilot seats. Sent my first pair back. 2nd pair were better, but still not what I expected for the money. Comfortable though. Nice pics, remember it's never done. Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 06:37:35 AM »

Looking so good! Love it guys!

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

I do see the same Flexsteel sewing issue I have with my pilot/copilot seats. Sent my first pair back. 2nd pair were better, but still not what I expected for the money. Comfortable though.

Gerry -  what's the issue with the sewing in the flexsteel seats?  Our 2 captain chairs are flexsteel.  They are comfortable.  Almost too comfortable. My biggest fear is falling asleep on a long drive with the lullaby of the 2 stroke.  

Nice pics, remember it's never done.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Oh crap!  It went out!  What wire was that connected to?  

Thanks guys for all the help and encouragement.  We are taking our first trip in it next week.  It'll get posted on the website.  Stay tuned.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »

Sean, been going to get our furniture from discount van, but never could find out where there shop is , i would rather go pick it up then pay the freight, did you buy online or go to them?

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »

Sean, been going to get our furniture from discount van, but never could find out where there shop is , I would rather go pick it up then pay the freight, did you buy online or go to them?

They have a California area code but I am pretty sure when I spoke with them they said they were in the Upper Midwest somewhere.  They are very helpful.  Give them a call and see what they can do for you.  I paid shipping and I think....it was 250 or close to that. Love the furniture so far.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »

Sean: Sorry it's just me and my experience with Flexsteel. These are the chairs sent to me by Flexsteel for my $3300.00. I sent them back.
I expect sewing that's straight, level, and even with the seams matching. The second set were better, but still below my expectations. They have some serious quality control issues. Maybe I expect too much, but I won't be buying anymore of their product. Would you put these in your coach? Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:55 PM »

Wow Gerry.  That's bad. 

The flexsteels in ours came with the coach when we bought them.  I never really looked at the stitching.  I will now though!  I can see the crooked lines in the co-pilots seat now that you pointed it out.

The furniture from discount van/truck came reccomended from other bus nuts.  They make their own and are a little proud but not as prideful as flexsteel or some of these other furniture companies!  You'd think smaller furniture costs less to make!

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 05:02:26 PM »

We bought our couch from them (bought off ebay)  and picked it up at their sales office/factory:

7601 Ramish Ave.
Bell Gardens, CA 90201

I thought it would probably be furniture made in Mexico and they would just have a front office.  Turns out they have a full factory there that builds the frame and does the upholstery.  I have not heard a bad word about them.  Not the same quality as Flex Steel, but a very good value.

That said, be sure to take you nerve pills if you pick up their stuff.  It is a long alley like drive into their place (must back out) in an area of LA that is pretty rough.

They took the couch apart to get it in the bus and were most helpful.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »

Wow Sean!  The old coach is looking great!  What did you do with the coach and chair that were there? I might can use them.

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: