Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:39:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: boxcarokie  (Read 1548 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »

Don,

Glad you and yours are OK!

It pains me to see all the destruction and suffering to our fellow Americans in Oklahoma.

Good to hear you are healing up, bad experiences make great stories.....I am hoping you don't give up on the story telling.

My Best,

Cliff

I shut down my webpage the end of April and have just about stopped writing anywhere, strangely I do not miss it.  But it was time to move on, so it went the way of other things.  You are right, you do learn quite a lot from a significant emotional event and I have.  I  now know for instance, "I have a lot more friends that I had previously thought I had" and that is good news.

Often I think about sharing some of it, but it is after all not bus related, so therefore, I keep it to myself.  If you have been putting off a check up for any reason, please reconsider and make sure of your options.

Thanks for your comment.

BCO

Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

Don,

After what you've been through...I can't imagine wanting to write at all.  Give yourself about 6 months though.  I've known a few people who have had heart surgery and it messes with your head as much as it does your body.  Come fall you'll have a day when the sun is just right, temperature will be perfect, you'll go for a walk and some idiot will cross your path and with a smile on your face you'll go right back to the keyboard and unleash the comedic genius that you are.  I patiently await that moment.  Glad you are safe, doing well and getting better.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
TedCalvert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

Ditto what Sean said.

Take care.

Ted
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:59 AM »

Don,

After what you've been through...I can't imagine wanting to write at all.  Give yourself about 6 months though.  I've known a few people who have had heart surgery and it messes with your head as much as it does your body.  Come fall you'll have a day when the sun is just right, temperature will be perfect, you'll go for a walk and some idiot will cross your path and with a smile on your face you'll go right back to the keyboard and unleash the comedic genius that you are.  I patiently await that moment.  Glad you are safe, doing well and getting better.

-Sean

[url=http://www.herdofturtles.org]www.herdofturtles.org [/URL]
1984 Eagle Model 10S

A tip of the hat to Clifford for starting this string, it has enhanced my somewhat boring, repetitive week to an extent that almost makes it bearable.  Interesting comments each and every one, this one especially, I found to be well written and thought out, thanks again.

Things change and we adapt and we move on, as for writing and all that, this remains to be seen.  Like the Phoenix, I may rise from the ashes and fly again, or I might just find me a soft, comfortable spot here on the ground and just mellow out.

Watch for our Grand Opening soon ..... http://www.wimp.com/makelaugh/

BCO

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:42:15 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: