Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 05:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power saving Smart Strip :)  (Read 638 times)
arutkow

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »

I found this online and thought it would be great in my coach:

http://amzn.to/17WOnPZ

Its a power strip that shuts off multiple items based on the (sensed) on/off condition of a single device.

I think this would be useful in an entertainment center or computer setup.  For instance, If I made my control device my tv, then when it is off, the power strip would also kill the power the dvd player, surround sound, video game, etc.

It should help control the waste electricity that is used by electronics that don't really shut off, but just "sleep".  This would really be helpful on rvs, since we actually make our own electricity Tongue

I hope this helps Smiley

-Abram

tjtheman007

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »

It basically works like a relay. Thats pretty neat in a power strip though. Saves some of the confusion of the wiring.

Like the warning in small print on the side: Warning: "Automatically switched outlets may turn on without advanced notice"

TJ

Scenicruiser
PD4501-858
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 04:46:56 PM »

This is better:

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
arutkow

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »