Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 03:17:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technomads on the Road Again - Florida -> Oregon!  (Read 898 times)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:28:05 AM »

Hey all..  sorry for the relative silence as of late, we've been pretty stationary in Florida this winter to be near family. My father passed away last month after a lengthy battle with cancer, and we've now helped my mom through all of the logistics that happen after that.

Which means.. these nomads are back out on the road! We're currently on a repositioning from Florida to Oregon (parked at Choo Choo right now in Chattanooga getting a general inspection done), and will likely be soon passing through St. Louis this weekend... then westward on routes unknown taking a month to get to Oregon.

As always, we love meeting up with fellow bus folks in our travels - so if you're open to meeting up and you might be on our route, drop us a line! And if you know of any bus rallies or meetups happening this summer out west, we'd love to be 'in the know'.

Hope to see some of y'all out there... and we're super excited to get our 4106 out of RV Parks and out exploring again!

- Cherie & Chris

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Kevinmc5

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:49 PM »

If you come through Boise ID. We would welcome some bus talk and we well supply the glass of wine
We also have a 4106 That we bought in SC. We got ours a few months after you got yours. So come on by.

Kevin & Traci

1964 4106-2471 8v71 Boise ID Driving any place I can Fit
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:31:59 PM »

. My father passed away last month after a lengthy battle with cancer,

Condolences on that loss, and hopes for comfort, healing, and understanding.  Many blessings to you.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »

Good luck on your trip sorry to hear of your loss also.I lost my Dad in December
Give us a shout if ypu come through Sacramento or up I-5 close to I-80
Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:43:36 AM »

Chris & Cherie -

Dunno if you're meandering the northern route or southern route to OR from Choo Choo, you haven't mentioned that.

If you take the southern route there are quite a few busnuts you can visit en route.   You've got JL Vickers in TX, of course, Clifford & Geoff in AZ, then if you come north thru the Central Valley of CA, you are more than welcome to park out front overnight at my place here in Fresno/Clovis, off Hiway 99/168. 

That, of course, means a trip to Yosemite National Park, just an hour away, perfect for a day trip w/ Pixel.  At your nomadic pace, Yosemite is a "must see" - just ask Ben & Karen!  Altho the park's busy this time of year, early mid-week is not quite as crazy if you'd like to overnight.

OTOH, if your schedule is tighter, a quick "pit stop" to share a Pepsi is also available and would be enjoyable!

Three hours up the road from me is Dave 5C in Roseville and Grant's nearby in Citrus Heights, also.

Keep us posted!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »

Great all...

We're thinking we'll be staying north possibly passing through Montana, Wyoming and Idaho (gotta go through St. Louis and see Chris' folks on the way) - and try to avoid summer as much as possible. After two 110+ degree summers in a row, we'd be happy with that! Smiley

However, good possibility that come fall, we'll be returning towards Florida via the southern route - stopping in Sacramento for a bit, then heading south. So hopefully we can route by and see everyone.

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: