Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:45:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo Boost on a series 60 ?  (Read 2127 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »

They check the ECM versions for any deletes you have a idea on how we can delete and how they could not detect they give you a few deletes that do not pertain to emissions for that emission year model

I have the manual for the emissions telling what is allowable and what is not, CA does the same crap it bleed over to AZ a few years back when LA moved here just certain shops that can do emissions on diesels most are truck dealers and dumb as a box of rocks one told Mike he was going to need testing on a 8v71 before he could plate it.

Just 3 counties in AZ have emissions testing and he lives in one no test no plates, I live in one that doesn't have the testing lot of people live at my address lol even Don Fairchild     

Life is short drink the good wine first
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »

California is strange. I have a '77AMGeneral bus, '85 Kenworth truck now registered as a motorhome, and my '84 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel. Maybe they're all to old, but have never had to have them smogged or smoke tested. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »

They check the ECM versions for any deletes you have a idea on how we can delete and how they could not detect they give you a few deletes that do not pertain to emissions for that emission year model

I have the manual for the emissions telling what is allowable and what is not, CA does the same crap it bleed over to AZ a few years back when LA moved here just certain shops that can do emissions on diesels most are truck dealers and dumb as a box of rocks one told Mike he was going to need testing on a 8v71 before he could plate it.

Just 3 counties in AZ have emissions testing and he lives in one no test no plates, I live in one that doesn't have the testing lot of people live at my address lol even Don Fairchild     

The ECM calls for EGR operation between a range of RPMs, say 1200 to 2000 RPM. That can be raised to say, 3900 to 4900 RPM then it's unlikely the engine will ever rev high enough to call for EGR operation, I mean really unlikely. Nothing is actually deleted. I don't know we could try it.

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »

Thanks Ken we are going to give it a try if they don't like it when tested next year they have all the goodies to set it back,now that leaves me wondering how could they tell he needed a new EGR valve last year was that done by dropping the operation rpm ? it seemed to work fine

Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »

Clifford, I don't have a DDEC V book but on some of the IV wiring harness they have three fuses not two and It looks like they pull cruse control from that third circuit, maybe Ken could look at that on his schematic see if some of the V's are the same. Knowing some of BK's issues I would check and make sure it doesn't have one more fuse in the batt box and all the ground are good. I may be off base but who knows.

Don
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »

Hello;       just some  suggestions    or maybe WAGs... Please check all fuses and any that may not seem to be related.  Ace Rossi went thru hell with his engine only to find some blown fuses.   THat was a different problem because the fuses were for the injectors.   YOu may have a circuit that has been unintentionally fused by prevost or previous owner??   
     See if any other inputs only work when in cruise.  If it is not a fuse than it is a ground wire off or deteriorated somewhere.        I agree with the previous poster.       
     Regards    mike

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
azdieselman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »

I just took my bus through emissions testing today. Maricopa County. 8V71N, It blew a 1.5    Diesel testing is only going to get tighter as the EPA clamps down.

1980 Mod 10
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 07:07:35 AM »

After changing the TPS still no joy,set the Hp to 1 still no joy so I went to the base at Ft Hood and borrowed a ECM from the rebuild contractor he did the setting for a on road 515 hp DDEC V all is normal he set the EGR to work at 3200 rpm said that should be good if it ever turned 3200 there would be nothing left anyway  

Ken I never knew the military has a different DDC software than the public now I know how Cole does some of his off the wall stuff with the 60 series that would be nice software to have but the guy was not giving me a copy lol those guys have no rules they were testing series 60 running on straight bio-fuel man did they stink
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:14:21 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: