Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:17:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for Defrost  (Read 636 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »

I posted about this in another thread but figured it could stand to be in its own.

Any ideas for a poor mans window defroster?  We are kind of stuck as the windows are all fogged up and I have not yet installed a defrost system.

Thanks!

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:11:28 AM »

plug in cheap one from harbor frieght, 12volt plug aim and go.   Hair drier on low.  You mini split fan. Did you figure rest of it out or still need help.  said you could make fan run. Secret move any air over it to make temp equal if your not able to raise inside temp.  Rain ex  will help using it inside and out.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »

You're windows fog up from hot inside with humidity and cold windows. Either run the air conditioner or get a dehumidifier. Most cars now when you turn on the defroster will kick on the air conditioning and heater at the same time. Get rid of the humidity inside, and no more fogging of the windows. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »

Move to AZ we don't have that problem,any air movement to balance the outside temps with inside temps work we are setting in Texas right now in the rain with high humility the fanatic fan is keeping our windows from fogging it works for me

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »

Move to AZ we don't have that problem,any air movement to balance the outside temps with inside temps work we are setting in Texas right now in the rain with high humility the fanatic fan is keeping our windows from fogging it works for me

Moving to AZ is the best solution for me.  Be there soon.  The weather up here in New England is horrid.  40-50 and cold cold rain.

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »

That's easy have your better half hold a box fan up, diverting hot air from a heater at front glass

....thank god for extension cords, invertors and ratchet straps Grin....we got hit with a monsoon with almost all windows down and water was everywhere before she got them and the roof vents closed

My defrost stuff was unhooked due to front ac install......and it wasn't supposed to rain, 10% is a Beootch when it happens tho Cheesy

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »

That's hillarious.  My wife was wiping the windows with paper towels at first but when it got to every 2 minutes of wiping we dug a cube heater out of the bay.  I should have taken a picture of my wifey with the towels.  Those are the things that make it all worth it.

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
gus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 10:50:49 PM »

Small fans at the windshield with the original bus defroster work great for both my buses.

We just drove through "sunny AZ" from Tucson to San Diego at night and skipped a visit to Phoenix because of daytime high forecasts of 108, 106 and 104!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: