Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:01:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend  (Read 573 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »

For those who have lost family and friends, whether recently or what may seem like another life time, over even generations ago to defend our country.

The meaning and importance of Memorial day is not lost, but a reminder of there sacrifice.

A friend of my Dad's used to say something like this  "for those that have carried the sword into battle, the taste of freedom will never be the same".

There was an older gentleman in one of my Sunday school classes,  Tough guy, farmer,  wouldn't have backed down from a bear, we were talking about Memorial Day and what it meant to us.  He started telling us about World War II, his Dad was fighting in Europe and one day after school he walked in the house and his Mom's face said it all.  This guy started balling like it was yesterday.  The pain for many is not just the sacrifice of there family member, but continues on and on for a life time.

Please take a moment to discuss with your Grand kids, Kids, Family the sacrifice so many have made.

My Best for a peaceful Memorial Day for everyone...

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 06:32:23 AM »

God bless our fallen war heroes, and God Bless America.
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 14 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »

We are in Ft Hood Tx I see all the young men and women on the base and always take the time to commend  them for being  in a job they never know from day to day what the future will bring their way.

They are ready to give the ultimate sacrifice for their fellow Americans one of the few things now days that makes one proud to be a American 

God Bless our military members Men,Women than have fallen and their Families on their special day

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »

Cliff (FL),

Good post.  Definitely not something to take for-granted.  How different our lives (and bus hobby) would be without their sacrifice.

Teach your children well...

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
on the road in the Boston Area
in a 1984 Eagle 10s

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 08:14:12 AM »

I was just reflecting a couple of nights ago on the many great people that I was fortunate enough to encounter in my life. During my military career and before and after it.

I have been a fortunate man!

Thanks for your service and friendship.

With Memorial Day tomorrow, I thought you might enjoy this reflection of The Path of The Warrior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKqT0-3JV5E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joe Laird
101st Airborne Infantry VietNam 1966
Cobra Gunship Instructor until 1989

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:17:03 AM »

I was in the Navy for a grand total of 5 weeks back in 1984 so I would never call myself a veteran. A combination of a foot problem caused by incorrect shoe size and just plain unfit for service cause me to fall behind and get an administrative separation. Thank God we have vets who are not like me and they deserve our thanks and praise. Let us also never forget our fire and law enforcement people as well this day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: