Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended Tire Shop South Shore Boston  (Read 550 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »

Can anyone recommend a tire shop south of Boston?

Not an emergency but would like to get a tire replaced before we take the trek back home.

thanks.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires, I don't know if they are in your area or not. I had the same thin happen to us recently down in South Carolina, ended up with a 11Rx22.5 Firestone for $550 installed. I was tempted by the Chinese "Double Coin" brand but I just couldn't go Chinese......

Try to choose a place that can balance it for you too.

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »

How far south of boston are you, The wife is from Boston area. She said try looking in Plymouth , Marshfield, Weymouth. If you are close to any of those. HTH

Plymouth, MA
Sullivan Tire & Auto‎ 1 (877) 592 8473
www.sullivantire.com/

Truck & Trailers Repair Breakdown Towing and Tires (855) 400-0855
Trucks Fleet Roadside Assistance,Repair,Breakdown,Trucking and Logistics Industries
Commercial Tire Repair

Dave5Cs
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:37:33 AM by Dave5Cs » Logged

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires, I don't know if they are in your area or not. I had the same thin happen to us recently down in South Carolina, ended up with a 11Rx22.5 Firestone for $550 installed. I was tempted by the Chinese

Was the Firestone still made in USA?  I have 2006 Firestone FS590+ tires on six wheels and they are still made in the USA.  My understanding is that Firestone truck tires are now out of China too.  I decided to go with two Cooper Roadmaster RM185 tires made in China last year since Firestone was also supposedly out of China too and like $80 more.  I probably would have paid the $80 for made in USA tires.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

Try looking for a GCR Tire Co in that area they are just about everywhere now,Befert Firestone still makes some tires in Tenn last I heard

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »

How far south of boston are you, The wife is from Boston area. She said try looking in Plymouth , Marshfield, Weymouth. If you are close to any of those. HTH

Dave5Cs

Dave, I'm currently in Brockton.  Thanks for the heads up.  Ill try there.  I've got a feeling that Ill have to try a few places as I'm looking for an 11r 24.5 tire.  I think Sullivan's might be big enough that they have a local warehouse here.

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires

Try to choose a place that can balance it for you too.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.  Ill check for one as well.

Try looking for a GCR Tire Co in that area they are just about everywhere now.

Thanks Cliff..was looking earlier and not sure I saw a GCR shop but Ill check their website and see what's close.

I curbed a rear tire and its got a small slice...not bad but figured Ill put 2 steers on the front and put my 4 best on the back and be done with it for a while (I hope).

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »

I curbed a rear tire and its got a small slice...   Embarrassed