Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:42:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended Tire Shop South Shore Boston  (Read 488 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »

Can anyone recommend a tire shop south of Boston?

Not an emergency but would like to get a tire replaced before we take the trek back home.

thanks.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires, I don't know if they are in your area or not. I had the same thin happen to us recently down in South Carolina, ended up with a 11Rx22.5 Firestone for $550 installed. I was tempted by the Chinese "Double Coin" brand but I just couldn't go Chinese......

Try to choose a place that can balance it for you too.

Bruce

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »

How far south of boston are you, The wife is from Boston area. She said try looking in Plymouth , Marshfield, Weymouth. If you are close to any of those. HTH

Plymouth, MA
Sullivan Tire & Auto‎ 1 (877) 592 8473
www.sullivantire.com/

Truck & Trailers Repair Breakdown Towing and Tires (855) 400-0855
Trucks Fleet Roadside Assistance,Repair,Breakdown,Trucking and Logistics Industries
Commercial Tire Repair

Dave5Cs
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:37:33 AM by Dave5Cs » Logged

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires, I don't know if they are in your area or not. I had the same thin happen to us recently down in South Carolina, ended up with a 11Rx22.5 Firestone for $550 installed. I was tempted by the Chinese

Was the Firestone still made in USA?  I have 2006 Firestone FS590+ tires on six wheels and they are still made in the USA.  My understanding is that Firestone truck tires are now out of China too.  I decided to go with two Cooper Roadmaster RM185 tires made in China last year since Firestone was also supposedly out of China too and like $80 more.  I probably would have paid the $80 for made in USA tires.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

Try looking for a GCR Tire Co in that area they are just about everywhere now,Befert Firestone still makes some tires in Tenn last I heard

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »

How far south of boston are you, The wife is from Boston area. She said try looking in Plymouth , Marshfield, Weymouth. If you are close to any of those. HTH

Dave5Cs

Dave, I'm currently in Brockton.  Thanks for the heads up.  Ill try there.  I've got a feeling that Ill have to try a few places as I'm looking for an 11r 24.5 tire.  I think Sullivan's might be big enough that they have a local warehouse here.

Hey Sean, I was waiting to reply to see if someone had some local experience up there....I don't know any shop up there but Pete's Tire Barn is a New England chain that does a lot of truck tires

Try to choose a place that can balance it for you too.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce.  Ill check for one as well.

Try looking for a GCR Tire Co in that area they are just about everywhere now.

Thanks Cliff..was looking earlier and not sure I saw a GCR shop but Ill check their website and see what's close.

I curbed a rear tire and its got a small slice...not bad but figured Ill put 2 steers on the front and put my 4 best on the back and be done with it for a while (I hope).

-Sean

www.herdofturtles.org
1984 Eagle Model 10S

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »

I curbed a rear tire and its got a small slice...   Embarrassed