Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:02:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any benefit to mixing tread patterns?  (Read 392 times)
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »

My new-to-me bus is a tandem with older 12r 22.5's on it. My old bus has brand new 24.5's regional steers all the way around on it. I want to buy 4 more and put them on the new bus.  Two questions.

1. Is there any benefit to perhaps putting aggressively treaded tires on the outside, or should I just get 4 more all-positions?

2. The bus is stud piloted. Is it possible to put the ones I already have on the inside, then get new outside extension-type pieces, and get 4 aluminum ones for the outers?

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 09:23:02 AM »

Whatever tread pattern you decide on-all tires on that axle needs to be the same tread pattern. Yes you can put aluminum on the outside with steel inside (if you have long enough studs). Would suggest a mylar sheet between the wheels to prevent corrosion. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »

OK, all all positions it is.  Thanks, Tom.

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: