Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 05:33:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1985 Prevost "Executive Coach" conversion  (Read 1301 times)
MtLaw

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:04:28 PM »

Help!!!   
I hope someone can help me.  I have owned this bus for several years and am still trying to figure out the systems.  The big problem is there was no owners manual with the bus.  I had a bus converter helping me but he got sick shortly after the purchase and has had more pressing needs.

My coach was converted by Executive Coach of Fox River Grove Ill, in 1985 or 86.

If someone has a similar coach, I would love to arrange for a copy of your owners manual to be made.  Also wiring diagrams would be very helpful.

The plate is attached.

Absent this long shot I will post some additional pictures and maybe someone can help identify how the systems work.

Thanks for looking at my request.

Lee Henning

wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »

I have found these one of a kind become very expensive due to lack of paper work / manuals,  maybe you can contact the builder if they are still in business.  Other wise it boils down to good luck and money.
One of a kind make, no momma or poppa,
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »

My coach was also converted by Executive. They are no longer in business. Mine was done in 1974. When I bought it in 2000 all the systems still worked great (just dated).In my opinion Executive did quality work. If I can be of any help my email is in my profile

Rick 74 MC-8

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »

There are many knowledgable guys here and I am very sure they will be able to answer many of your questions. For Prevost specific help you might try prevostcommunity.com as well. Somebody there may even be able to point you to somebody with an Executive conversion.

DKO

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »

Thank you all.

Attached is another photo of the bay with the Wabasto heater, etc.  I can't figure out the aux fuel tank operation.  I assume the black cylinder is the aux tank.  Why is there a air pressure connection on the top?HuhHuhHuh?

Thanks again.
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »

Attached are photos of the control panels, if this helps someone figure it out.
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »

Ok 2nd one.
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 11:24:26 PM »

Next one.
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »

And again.
MtLaw

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 11:28:20 PM »

Last one.

Thanks for looking.
Jon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »

Lee,

There is nothing but good news. First, you have two sets of systems. The first being the Prevost chassis and there is still support for that. As DKO mentioned there are Prevost specific sites such as PC where all of the questions relating to the chassis can get answered. Usually on your vintage coach what drives most owners crazy is the suspension and a case of the "leans" and that system is easily understood. I would suspect your Executive also has over the road air and that system is a good one and easily maintained.

Executive made a good conversion and all of the converters of that vintage used parts and systems or devices usually readily available from places like WW Grainger or marine supply stores.

Other executive owners are likely to be able to answer a lot of general questions specific to the Executive conversion so start out using the site DKO recommended because of the greatest concentration of owners likely to be there. But do not ignore the expertise that resides here. Just be careful of opinions that might be based on other coaches and not specific to the Executive conversion.

Jon

Current coach 2006 Prevost, Liberty conversion
Knoxville, TN
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:37:23 AM »

Hi MtLaw,

I think you will get some answers if you ask specific questions. Is it possible that the round tank with the air valve is an expansion tank for the boiler? Can you access the fluid in that tank to determine if it holds fuel or whatever fluid the boiler heats?  Is there a fill pipe somewhere? Ask lots of questions, but be specific.

Good luck, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 08:22:41 AM »

Looks like the bus had a Pro/Heat X45 unit at one time they had compressor that kept the fuel tanks charged at 6 lbs reason for air port I see it has a Dick Wright system now 

All the converters used their own control panels that one looks to be off the self shouldn't be that hard to figure out,

I have a friend with a Beaver Prevost we are going to do away with the electronic control panel overhead no parts are to be found for it unless custom made and the guy in Houston wants big bucks for the overhead counsel you are lucky with just toggle switches

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: