Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 04:59:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 82 mc-9 ride height adjustments  (Read 610 times)
pete36330

my mc9 ,,gonna finish it one day ,,

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:23:27 AM »

I've noticed some buses have been converted to manual ride height adjustment by the owners,, I want to do the same ,Can anyone tell me what and how to do it ?,,what valves and gauges that I'll need,, Now whenever we stop overnight and park ,,I have to get out my 2x10 blocks to try and level the coach, any help would really help,, I've seen some articles about doing this conversion in the past ,,but have been unable to find them I have a 6-92 and Allison auto trans
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:45 AM »

I installed a unit from        http://www.hb-industries.com/   It was a 4 gage 4 valve unit 1 for each corner . Put in a check valve, a gage for incoming air off the acc. tank .Removed all org. air lines , plugged . Installed 4 new 1/4 " air lines ( 1 for each corner ) Now I can move up or down to level each corner when camping . Adjust back to org. ride height when on the road . Now the bus can sit for months and not be uneven as they don't leak like the rest of the air system.   Now you will have to call them as I don't see the system on there web site. I installed it in 2006,I think the cost was about $ 550. at the time     

dave       

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »

Hi Dave & Pete, I like Bob at hb-ind, hes the one who did the updates on my coach before I found it, its still pictured for sale, its interesting to see all the buses in various stages of rebuilding, lvmci...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:07:18 AM by lvmci » Logged

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »

Similar  only with Firestone ride rights buttons and Gauges, Each set of bags is independent. 1 air supply line that goes to a cross and tee and then to each valve. 4 lines 1 from each corner to fill. The buttons are up/ down. down is exhaust.

Brake system is a separate system. My bags stay up as long as I want them to.

Dave5Cs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: