Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 01:01:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clicking stove  (Read 710 times)
Tikvah

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2013, 03:57:57 AM »

Okay, so this isn't specific to a conversion, but it is, in fact, happening in my bus.  I have a gas residential stove top with electronic spark.  The refrigerator and the stove top are in the same outlet.  Every time the refrigerator starts one burner on the stove sparks.  So, about every 10 - 20 minutes we hear this single snap from the stove.

We're plugged into 20 amp pole power and everything is functioning just fine.  We don't run through an inverter for this.

Ideas?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:42:45 AM by Tikvah » Logged

I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder.
1989 MCI-102 A3
DD 6V92 Turbo, Alison
Tons of stuff to learn!
Started in Cheboygan, Michigan (near the Mackinaw Bridge).  Now home is anywhere we park
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 07:41:21 AM »

It sounds to me like you got your hot and neutral backwards on the stove's wiring.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »

Did you spill anything near the stove controls recently?  If we spill something on the counter and one of the burner controls gets wet we get exactly the behaviour you are describing.  It can clear up quickly or sometimes it takes days to go away.  I've tried spraying WD40 in around the controls with varying degrees of success.  If it gets too annoying I generally unplug the stove, light it manually for a few days and when I plug it back in everything is back to normal.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »

Dave try plugging one of them into a power cord or other outlet to see if it has a different outcome.
It might be a power surge or lack of when both are drawing to many amps from same outlet.

Dave5Cs

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: