Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WRICO INTERNATIONAL  (Read 629 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:22:33 AM »

As most of you know, when you drive an old bus, things often go south on you and you have to replace or repair them.  The owner of a second-hand bus, knows how hard it is to drive a bargain.

My Genset starter switch went out recently and I had to replace it.  The genset is a '95 model.  I called the folks at Wrico and dealt with Justin and Dick on obtaining new parts for my generator.  They went out of there way to help me out, even shipped the items to me C.O.D. which is really kind of rare these days.  What I needed was expedited to me here in Oklahoma and they trusted me to pay them for it.

The worst part was the freight, some $21.00 for this small item, which is bad, but they did not have much choice in the matter.  You have to pay it ... but you don't have to like it.  Anywho, I got what I needed quickly and have it all back together and up to speed.

I would whole-heartily recommend these folks for all of your generator needs, they not only have the parts, but they will also go out of their way to help you diagnose your problem over the phone.

Good people.

BCO

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:24 AM »

Dick Wright is Mr. RV Genset. Everything you'd like to know Dick knows. Wrico built me a custom 12kw genset. The 13kw is a 4 cylinder which is to long. Kubota came out with a larger 3 cylinder and Dick custom made a 12kw for me without charging extra-just took a bit longer to get the custom engine. Have not installed yet-but will in the next few weeks. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »

Hey, I have one of those Wrico switches with a hole for an hour meter.  Brand new.  What are they worth?

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 03:26:04 PM »

Hey, I have one of those Wrico switches with a hole for an hour meter.  Brand new.  What are they worth?

--Geoff

Really do not know.  My unit was complete and I have no idea as to what the rocker switch might be worth.

BCO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: