Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 06:30:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: knock on wood...  (Read 284 times)
skihor

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »

We have been participating on this board for 8 or 9 years now. It has been a wonderful source of information and pleasure. We bought our '67 MC 5A 9 years ago with zero background on it. We have lived in it full time since. On the way home I overheated it and cracked both heads. I didn't know what a hot rod the 6V92 in it was, and the related heat that comes with it. After the repair I watch the temp guage and drive accordingly. I've since dealt with the cooling system, including 2 more rads, larger blower pulley. etc...  Anyway I read about all of the trials and tribulations regarding these old buses and consider ourselves very lucky. Other than ignoring a strange vibration resulting in shearing the driveshaft flange bolts our bus has performed admirably. We have had to replace the usual items inside due to age but mechanically ... no issues. Knock on wood... I did brakes, bearings, u-joints and tires Other than the heads and main/rod bearings, (due to anti freeze in the oil), that's all we have had to do.
It will pull a 6* grade @ 50 MPH and do 75 or 80 all day long and tops out about 100. I try to keep up on routine maintenance. So far it has given us 40 or 50 thousand miles with one breakdown, dropping the driveline. It held us up for 4 hours. Knock on wood...
Don & Sheila
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: