Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 09:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, so talk to me about these engines, the DDs in particular...  (Read 2792 times)
Geom

1966 PD4107

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

I would worry about something else besides a runaway engine Huh with a 50 year bus that should be the least of worries

Cheesy cool, one less thing to worry about...

1966 GM 4107
6v92 Turbo
V730
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »

One thing is certain,, no engine will run without air, so it is an option.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »

Ok the DD blower is a roots blower it has lobes most bus people all they see are the 2 lobe type which is standard those lobes are not solid they are hollow made with thin aluminum with plugs in each end  

When the engine spins so fast on a 8v71 it happens around 3800 to 4000  rpm it blows the plugs the lobes will swell and shuts the engine down I have saw this happen before on a bad buffer switch adjustment and no I didn't do the adjustment  

90% of the time when one over revs above the limit it will cost you a blower not a engine they don't throw rod,pistons and debris all over the place as some visualize they may spin a bearing and most the time that doesn't even happen  

Sometimes I wonder how GM and Detroit made the 8v71 without the help from the internet and a bus board  Roll Eyes worry about other things geez
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:57:03 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Purplewillie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »

Sometimes I wonder how GM and Detroit made the 8v71 without the help from the internet and a bus board  Roll Eyes worry about other things geez
That cost me a mouthful of Pepsi!
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark & Char
1976 P8M4905a 8v71 v730
British Columbia Canada
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »

Luvrbus - thinking 'bout changin my addy to LuvmyLuvrbus - your hilarious - in a good way - thanks for the LOL

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »

Luvrbus - thinking 'bout changin my addy to LuvmyLuvrbus - your hilarious - in a good way - thanks for the LOL
That cost me a mouthful of Pepsi!
Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys ought to spend some time with him in person!

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: