Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 11:47:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And there it was ...  (Read 2029 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:08 AM »

We are using the Internet wrong. Smartphones turn people into horrible listeners. And cat videos aren't as riveting as we think they are.  These are just some of the revelations I’ve had during a half-year of self-imposed exile from the Internet and bus boards in general.

Standing on the back of the ferryboat as she plowed the waters of Pugent Sound, I pondered my plight in life.  Which included the Existential and introspective. I really have learned a lot about myself. I did have a lot of free time, but a lot of it was loneliness and boredom in ways that I hadn't really experienced before.

Early on that was a real inspiration.

There were times I would realize my mind was in really cool places, having thought processes that are hard to have when you're on the Internet and the same news and information cycle as everybody else. I read some books I would have never read, and wrote some stuff I would have never written.

I was a little bit out of the loop, in a good way, and I really enjoyed that. But it was really easy to sink in on myself and be withdrawn from people because it was just a little harder to get a hold of people, a little harder to make plans, and a little easier for me to just hide from the world and stay in my home and play video games.

So rolling it over in my mind I ask myself this question ... “Did you accomplish most of what you set out to do?”

I had these goals for this year, y’know, what I wanted to do. Read X number of books and write a first draft of my novel. This was my chance. I'm never going to have this much free time in my entire life, and so it was really hard at the end of the year to say I didn't do all those things.

Lifting my head and staring up at the sky, I silently thought to myself “Lord, I have $10,000 should I buy a bus?”

And there it was ........

Just think how neat it will be when the finally get around to legalizing smoke ... that will really make all this cool.  Now play nice everyone, share, be good, it is after all, only Monday.

BCO
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:54:56 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:01 AM »

Now I know why you have an Eagle!  A beautiful picture and a message from God!

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »

Now I know why you have an Eagle!  A beautiful picture and a message from God!

Bird of Paradise?

heh-heh

BCO

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »

Here I thought I was using the wrong internet Wink  Grin Nice picture by the way Don. Gotta run now so I can meet Doyle in town and give him Clifford's bag of broken Apple lol!

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

You  know how to hurt a guy Van lol I am still upset with Apple over that deal a bag of broken Apple I will get you for that

good luck and thanks a bunch

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »

Don't worriy Clifford I told Sonja about the What For I gave the guy at the Apple store @ the Fashion Show mall about the repair estimate lol!
 Oh! I just met with TBD, there was an unmarked Boulder City PO behind the Doylester with his code 3's on as I pulled up in front, no cuff's were on him  Grin
  I did see some sort of funny secret hand shake and nodding of heads and the PO went on his way. He must hold some kinda clout (Bankers, go figure! Grin) in these parts lol!  

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:36:45 PM by Van » Logged

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »

Now I see it's an  Iggle conspiracy - I saw a Prevost Vantare in the sky the other day - but I'm not at liberty to divulge its location - I hear its headed to Venezuela -  Roll Eyes

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:26:13 AM »

snip...
 Oh! I just met with TBD, there was an unmarked Boulder City PO behind the Doylester with his code 3's on as I pulled up in front, no cuff's were on him  Grin....

I just told him, he'd never take me alive... and he said "That's just the way we like it!"

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »

Doyle it was good to see ya again yesterday, sorry it was not a fruitful trip for you, well aside for the broken apple  Grin forgot to ask how Coffee is doing though. Give em a pat on the head for us Wink

Van

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »

Okay Gunner, people in the know, want to know .... "Doyle it was good to see ya again yesterday, sorry it was not a fruitful trip for you"

What dat mean?  The pistons didn't fit or sumpthin. 

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »

Now I see it's an  Iggle conspiracy - I saw a Prevost Vantare in the sky the other day - but I'm not at liberty to divulge its location - I hear its headed to Venezuela Roll Eyes

They say that is where the really cheap fuel is right now.  I am holding out for a tree house in Belize and a diet of bannas.

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »

No such thing as a non fruitful trip to Vegas that is the land of the breakfast,lunch and dinner buffets, parts not so good  Roll Eyes

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »

No such thing as a non fruitful trip to Vegas that is the land of the breakfast,lunch and dinner buffets, parts not so good  Roll Eyes

Come on, Clifford. What happened to your bag of Apple? (Love it, btw. Will be reused!)

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »

The screen went black and Apple wanted 800 bucks to fix a year old computer only out of warranty a few weeks really ticked me off so much I won't use the I phone I am going to me a phone from the Dollar General Store that will show em  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:09:47 PM by luvrbus » Logged

TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:03 PM »

Okay Gunner, people in the know, want to know .... "Doyle it was good to see ya again yesterday, sorry it was not a fruitful trip for you"

What dat mean?  The pistons didn't fit or sumpthin.  

BCO

Don, I've been having one helluva time getting the pistons in the liners but I've spared the board all the details.  Once I get 'er done  I'm gonna need your help to write it up as a how to book on a 8v71 rebuild.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:12:45 PM by TexasBorderDude » Logged

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: