Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 07:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And there it was ...  (Read 2154 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »

All depends on you who talk to Cherie I spent time on the phone to day with a guy from here looking at a GM plus several emails seems like not all agree with you
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:17:31 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »

PS: The one thing that DOES really bother us is how there have been so many mentions lately of how our "high profile" sharing of our current issues is "going to drive people away" from buying buses, or lower resale values. This is ridiculous - there are many people who are now bus nuts shopping for or owning buses because of us, who would have never even considered the option otherwise. Sharing does not drive people off! Egads!

Please do continue to share as you have been doing!   This is how folks learn.  You are doing a great service to the  bus community.   It sets realistic expectations about buses.  It's sad when someone gets in to buses, then something totally unexpected happens & next thing we know they are having to sell their "dream".  Better to have prepared, learned, have proper expectations, be informed.  Maybe not buy a bus if one has completely unrealistic expectations.  Be informed.   And I do think it is an awesome journey - obviously.   Cheesy

The board will continue to be a safe place where beginners & experienced alike can post questions & suggestions.  That's how this board is run.  I realize that isn't for everyone - but it's never possible for everyone to be happy.  Things will be returning to more of a focus on buses, and I encourage folks to post your questions!    There's a LOT to learn about these big rigs - aka - our buses.

Please feel free to let myself or the moderators know if you have questions or concerns.  We have a great group of moderators who care about our community and - buses.

Kind Regards to all, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »

Somehow the first version of this got deleted....  This is the post that Cherie was quoting a few back...

=====

YOU did not run C&C off.  Repeat, it was not you.  Hell, maybe they still are planning on posting.

Hey - no one ran us off!  Egads!

We are still here tapping into the wisdom of the forums, and sharing our own in the areas where we are relative experts.

And I think everyone benefits from shared experiences - both good and bad.

But the sad thing is - we do know several people who have been run off the boards, or at least turned into lurkers.  Some of them have even contacted us to offer advice, and to let us know that they don't bother to post anymore because of some of the negativity and second-guess that goes on.

It is a problem - and we all can probably do better in communicating, and chilling out.

But overall, we LOVE the bus community.  We love coming to rallies, and meeting bus folks as we travel.

Cheers all!

- Chris

PS: The one thing that DOES really bother us is how there have been so many mentions lately of how our "high profile" sharing of our current issues is "going to drive people away" from buying buses, or lower resale values. This is ridiculous - there are many people who are now bus nuts shopping for or owning buses because of us, who would have never even considered the option otherwise. Sharing does not drive people off! Egads!

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »

All depends on you who talk to Cherie I spent time on the phone to day with a guy from here looking at a GM plus several emails seems like not all agree with you

Seems they don't agree with our approach?  GOOD... I'd be scared if everyone had the same approach. We're all unique and have our own goals and priorities.

Or do they not agree that we have a right to choose our own path and be treated with respect?  Now that I worry about.

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »

We all go down different paths and probably will after death Smiley

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: