Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:27:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm done with Stinky Slinky...want rigid pipe for sewer now.  (Read 3374 times)
Geom

1966 PD4107

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »

Scott; No clogs because it is a Garbage disposal 3/4 hrp Stainless steel with a SS impeller and ball bearing bearing. it will chew it up before it gets to the hose. The fitting on top I got at CW and it is clear so you could see before it was stopped up if it ever did happen. I can also see when it is done. I got one with an anti siphon that you can hook a water hose to and shoot water back inside to finish clean the tank and hose etc.

In the top of the tank is also a female 3 inch fitting with a screw in cap I can run a water snake in for another clean. They can over heat but it will throw the reset if that happen. I just hit it with some cold water and start it again. It take about 7 minutes to dump 50 Gallons.

Dave5Cs

Dave,

Nice creative engineering!

So is that just a residential style garbage disposal?
Any problems running it continually for 7 minutes? Besides the heat.
How long have you been running that kind of setup? Curious what the duty cycle on a motor like that is, and how long it would last in this enhanced mode of operation Smiley

1966 GM 4107
6v92 Turbo
V730
Geom

1966 PD4107

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:32 PM »

Found it! Nice one cliff! :

http://www.polychute.com/PolychuteProductDetail.asp

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Ok, that thing is going on the "things to get shortly after we buy a bus" list Smiley

Thanks luvrbus.

1966 GM 4107
6v92 Turbo
V730
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »

That sucks Scott,
This subject makes me think of one time I got dumped on and everything was in good shape. I have a 250gal tank and we were on an extra long trip with my inlaws. When I went to drain the tank, I opened the valve and the slinky must have doubled in size, then all the sudden the hose popped out of the dump station and started to do a snake dance. This was at a gas station in a large city with people in line behind me. I like to think of myself as a Christian too, But I was not as good as you. All I could say was $$$$!t (no pun intended) I knew that I needed to shut the valve off, but I was doing the snake dance too. Needless to say, there were turds all over the parking lot and I really looked like a dummy trying to hose them all back down the drain. Boy did I need a shower when I was done, my mother inlaw laughed for about 400 miles.

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »

Scott

I have never hooked up a three inch hose to my tank.  This is what I use and the ONLY way I have ever emptied my tanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Sewer-Solution/dp/B000Z9G2D0

I don't remember where I got mine but it was less than 100 dollars and has never plugged or been a problem dumping. I was told that I would want a three inch hose and I bought one -- still have it -- never been used --- not the connectors or the hose just something to move around in the bays.

HTH

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »

The Robin William's movie RV is one of my all time favorites!  The Rolling Turd!!  Classic!

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »

Whatever dump method you use, it is subject to failure as are most other things.  There is nothing stopping you from getting a good dump hose, changing it out when it is worn and using hose clamps even if the manufacturer says that they are not necessary.  I would guess that these dump hoses are used billions of times every year without problems.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »

Hillbilly's don't P@@ indoors - problem solved  Tongue

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:06 AM »

Have a new Maceerator (Never used), do have great sewer hose (a more rigid flex hose that can be slid back into the storage tube) & fitings, never an issue with leaks, so guess I do not understand the big problem here ?
Maybe trying to use the crap from Camping World ?
Been watching the movie too much,  RV ?
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »

Cliff, showers are cheaper maybe, but really, have you ever had your own poo on you? I can assure you your not thinking about how much it costs, you're just thinking "how long before I can install a better system" lol.  You know I value your opinion highly so I'm going to search for "poly" sewer hose right now. You're prob lucky enough to have electric dump valves Smiley

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

"Poo on you"  Thats called a fetish, oh wait that's another forum  Grin

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
Gordie Allen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 05:15:37 AM »

Gordie: as I said before, I'm considering this seriously...12volt?

Yes it's 12v
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:17:47 AM by Gordie Allen » Logged

Augusta, MI
1956 4104
DD 671
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 05:59:01 AM »

This is a very funny thread!

We had our Slinky hose come off once in our 32-foot fifth wheel. Not fun at all.

Now friends: We have one more reason to consider an outside shower head installation, (probably mounted in a bay) besides rinsing people off before getting in the coach when you are at the beach:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=exterior+shower

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 06:13:57 AM »

I had my sewer hose come off the fitting once, but the spillage was very minor.  I just used a really good cable tie with metal lock to cinch it on.

I use a Sewer Solution at home to dump my tank to the sewer clean out in my yard.  It works pretty good, but it requires a water connection and takes a few minutes to hook up.  One of the guys was flushing hand wipe type things down the toilet and those clog the sewer solution.  It wouldn't work as well if you have a full time sewer connection and want to let the gray water drain all the time.  I'm not sure how the flexible tubing would handle UV exposure.  The Sewer Solution is more for emptying tanks and not full time use.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 06:32:22 AM »

Geon. Thevfirst one lasted 1year. Thebbearing rusted out. I ve had this one 2 years now with no problems but bus has alsobbeen parked for 1 year lol

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 06:38:53 AM »

Just do what the guys in the entertainers do.  They have a no #2 rule in the bus.  If you do that then all you have is liquid.  Get an electric valve and cut a hole in the floor of the bay so it will dump through the floor and now you can empty your tanks remotely.  And if you want to be like The Dave Matthews band just dump the tanks while going over bridge grates...just watch for tour boats. Grin Grin

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:17 AM »

This thread is funny only because it brings up our past learning experiences. LOL. I spent the winter in a 5th wheel in Montana once. The temperature was well below -20 degrees F. I had straw bales around the trailer and had an opening in the bales to allow the dogs/puppies in out of the weather. One day my wife started to complain about the drain being plugged. She tried the usual methods for unplugging the drain without success. When I got home it wasn’t long before I tracked the problem down. The two playful dogs had knocked the hose off the board that I had it taped to. That allowed the hose to have a trap in it.Then it froze. What happened next probably took several days to accrue. The holding tank and plumbing proceeded to fill up.  (Don’t try this at home I was young at the time) I now was faced with very cold temperatures and a 30 gallon block of ice plugging my gray water system. I rounded up a diesel space heater and spent most of the night getting the block of ice thawed enough to allow water through. With the straw bales around this was very dangerous. My wife was not at home at the time. This is when I found out that trailer plumbing is very much different than normal household plumbing. I spent the next day finding and replacing the broken PVC pipe.

John
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:08:27 AM by Jriddle » Logged

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: