Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 02:44:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI Gets Live phone service!  (Read 1076 times)
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2006, 05:09:32 PM »

It's wonderful! MCI now has a live person to answer the phones.  For years I've been calling, trying to get a live person on the phone, only to be transfer from one voice mail box to another. It's normall business hours, I know someone is there, please someone answer the phone! But seldom could I ever get a live person. I checked it in a 2 month period, and reached a live person 2 out of 27 times.  Well, Jerry Cignarella, a MCI VP out of the Blackwood NJ office has hired a person to answer the phone and direct the calls at all locations. Not perfect yet, but headed in the right direction! I met the person at the Los Alamitos office in CA, she was good. Still a few bugs to work out, when you call you get a recording stating your are being connected to the operator... but then, 5 seconds later you hear a live person saying "hello" IT'S GREAT! Lets give them another chance. Can you tell I'm excitied about this... you have no idea how pleased I am with this move. Thank you Jerry Cignarella!

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »

I order from MCi pretty regularly.......have always gotten through to a person...never any voice mailbox or automation.

maybe if you have an account you have a secret # or something that gets you live folks

mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 05:39:10 PM »

Maybe you're calling the parts department, which I seldom call. I normally am trying to get someone in the sales department or the parts department at the office close to me in Southern CA,  not the midwest or east office. But it's nice to heard that you get through! Its a good feeling not to be in voice mail heaven.

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
belfert

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 06:33:14 PM »

I normally just call either the main parts 800 number or the main 800 number for technical assistance.  These have always had live people answer eventually.  I would never have thought of calling the service centers for anything since nearest is in Chicago.

I did have a lot of problems getting responses from the sales folk when I wanted info on some used buses that were cheap.  I think they really wanted to sell new buses or the newer used ones and didn't care about the cheap ones.

Brian Elfert
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:00:47 AM »

Hello.

I have always, always talked to a really helpful person, both before the centralization of the calls and after. Over 7 years now, and counting.

They take the time to chase down my out of date part numbers, or find the numbers when I don't have them. Lots of dialogue and descriptions to be sure the right thing is ordered.

And then I can pick it up at the warehouse 50 miles from here, or they'll ship it.

No account, cash sale with the Visa over the phone.

I use the Canadian number 800-665-0155.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 05:00:09 PM »

I have the direct number and emails for my parts sales rep in my region as well as the sales rep.

Sales reps are rarely in the office as they are out trying to sell the next unit.

Have no experience with the service departments
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

I have always had very responsive and helpful people at MCI answer the phone and do research for out of date parts.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: