Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:57:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe Clifford  (Read 1107 times)
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:33:06 AM »

when he says he has posted his last post.  It is a sad day for this board.  In the most positive way I know how, I'd like to pay tribute to his significant contribution to this board and its members.

I first encountered his aid in January 2008 when I was broken down in Show Low, Az.  with a broken ring gear in the 3rd member.  He didn't know me from John's Off-Fox, but he called Gary Bennett in Las Vegas and arranged for me to go get the replacement at a significant discount below market price because I was a "friend" of Clifford's

Ever since he has extended me every bit of competent advice and personal friendship anyone could ever ask.  I treasure him as a friend and the ultimate bus resource.

I hope anyone he has assisted will chime in with your stories about his help and assistance.  Not in judgement of anyone else, but in praise of Clifford.

Or just let this fade away and mourn the loss of a great contributor as you best see fit.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:36:49 AM by TexasBorderDude » Logged

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »

Edited per TexasBorderDudes request, no worries. 

Mark
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:37:46 AM by OneLapper » Logged

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
TexasBorderDude
Founder - Texas Curmudgeon Society

Nothing simple is ever easy...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »

With all respect, I request that this thread be limited to people's personal stories of assistance from Clifford, and leave all the rest somewhere else.

Thank you!

A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:01:25 AM »

Load up the wife, drive over to Kingman and go up into the Yucca-Pies and chill out.  This is all small potato's Clifford.

Maybe it is just the heat?  

Shore getting Krazy this is as my grand-daughter would say .... "Is This For Real?"

BCO

1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:14:18 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:16:17 AM »

Clifford,

Thank you for all that you have done. I hope we get a chance to meet up with you someday. My involvement with the board will be dropping also, since we reached this point. Your advice has been totally invaluable. As a testament to your helpfulness here are some numbers that others might also find interesting. Just so you all know what you lost....

Has posted 1009 times (over 4K more than anybody else on this board)
Was registered in February of 2009
Has averaged over 6 posts per day.
Has spent 286d 13h 56m days online

Thanks for all the help and advice, Clifford. Stop on over to mcibustalk.com. I know you are registered over there, and we usually stay fairly nice.

Thanks again,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »

Clifford 

don't leave us  all old folks like us need to stick together.

who will look after Doyle and maybe me if I ever get that far west.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »

Wow. I dunno what I missed, but sure missed something!

Clifford's always been there for ALL of us!
It doesn't matter if it's Doyle, Don, Sonnie, or someone he's never met, if they needed something an he had it he give to them or ship it to them.

I can't tell you how many times I have learned from his wisdom and experience!

If it's true that he's gone, well then it is what it is.
But it's a very sad day when we lose a man with a passion for helping others as big as his.

I have no clue what happened, and really don't care. But I can tell you that this board and it's members are going to be lost without him!
Grin  BK  Grin
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »

This is getting silly.  We do not need to have continual threads as testimonials.  Clifford and the Technos are all fine people and are secure enough to not need repeated ego massages.  There must be something really weird going on astrologically now.

PS-- if I am wrong, and people really do need their egos bulked up, please let me know so I can rave about you.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Purplewillie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »

Drank a coffee this morning... All of it
Never had to wipe any of it off my iPad or phone!
I miss him already
Mark

Mark & Char
1976 P8M4905a 8v71 v730
British Columbia Canada
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »

Thanks Cliff for sending me a mag (1992) that had a ad in it for the conversion company that built my bus back in 1991. That cat still had a copy and shipped it to me and would not  take a dime for his trouble. You don't find people like that often, if ever. Has helped me many times with his knowledge and insight. Thanks again Partner!

Glen S.

PS.
To all you other folks, If you bought a old bus like mine and came to me with the wheels falling off and If you were happy when you bought it, I would be happy for you. Wouldn't run you or your purchase down. You're wise and happy or wouldn't have bought it! Might call you a dumd azz in my dreams! LOL!

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »

I hope you can change the big guy's mind Doyle.   Luke stopped posting years ago.  That's the only person I can remember who would be in Clifford's calibre.  Tell him he's better than this & buy him a cigar.   Send me the bill and don't tell Sonja.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »

Temporarily locking - Ref:  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=25969.msg285203#msg285203

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: